Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

bigdenver
Camera Crew
I'm also a twenty year customer. I called about this and got laughed at by a csr! They won't see me make it to twenty one years now. Thank God I have no termination fee! I feel sorry for those that are stuck with this b.s.

Barofarm
Extra
I am with you broomd. Customers of 17 years and treated like crap. We had to basically beg for each upgrade (2, count them 2) and when I called to voice my displeasure about the loss of hbo we were offered a month of showtime free. Showtime stinks btw. My facebook friends were offered much more, and my coworkers as well. We are rural, no cable option, but I will look into youtubetv, hulu, etc pretty quick here. We only watch local channels, AMC, and movie channels for the most part so dish has screwed us with amc already and now this. This dog is not to old to learn how to use new technology tricks.

bigdenver
Camera Crew
... and I was offered nothing! I already subscribe to all of the movie channels, so now I have three channels of HD net movies with a "free" preview of sonething I already pay for. Ridiculous. I have virtually every channel in space and pay a crazy fee for TV every month. I feel like Dish had no consideration for their customers with these constant carriage disputes.

DISH Employee

I can review your account to see what options we have available while we work to reach a new agreement. If interested please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code.

Broomd
Character Actor

CarinaG, thanks for the contact. Yes, we would like to see where we could be compensated for our loyalty and perserverance over the years, especially in light of this HBO fiasco.

Unfortuantely the private message system here is terrible. I can't message you without something not working.  Please try to message me here and I'll share what you requested.  Thanks, Broomd

DISH Employee

Broobd, I tried sending you that private message. You should be able to respond to that. If you have any problems please check our guide here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Jdawg4
Costume Designer
I’ve been reading a lot of these posts about HBO and Cinemax going away from dish network, and sooner rather than later no doubt, other TV providers as well. I would like to know one thing: how is it dish network’s fault that AT&T wants them to pay for more subscribers than they have? I mean, who in their right mind would do that? To me, on AT&T Part that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard, and a horrible way to do business. I wonder if everybody involved Shouldn’t just report AT&T to the Better Business Bureau. I hope they lose their court proceedings. I hope HBO does come back to DISH.

bigdenver
Camera Crew
Unfortunately we don't really know the whole truth. It's alot of finger pointing.

I'm not defending either side, and as a paying customer I'm not really interested in their spat. That's a popular sentiment, and the reason for the posts.

The reason there are so many posts

Southernmel7
Camera Crew

As I have said, I like DISH better, but have moved to DIRECTTV, because I want HBO.  I am a consumer.  They are cooperations.  It is their battle.  I hope justice wins.  But meantime, I want what I want.

jkfla
Costume Designer

Southernmel7,

I understand you have to have HBO but you have done exactly what AT&T wants Dish customers to do.  They have only a small percentage of HBO subscribers on Directv.  What better way to pull customers from Dish who HAVE TO HAVE HBO than to price the service out of sight to force a shutdown, and then refuse to aribitrate.  Nobody should have to guarantee payment for double the number of paying subscribers.  The DOJ has sued to oppose that merger because they knew bad things would happen.  We can only hope they win the case because if not, in the future, every other provider of HBO will be faced with the same thing and you won't be able to afford it unless you get it from them.

They are creating themselves a monopoly.  It is dispicable behavior for any Corporation.  Shame on them.