Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

sitara68
Character Actor

sitara68
Character Actor
I left them years ago and have never looked back. I won't deal with any subsidiary they have a finger in (ie DirectTV). I have had Dish for over a decade now and have never looked back.

DISH Employee

We understand your frustration and concern for your HBO channels. While I do not have a timeline as to when a negotiation will be reached I can tell you that DISH is working around the clock to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels. For more information please visit DISHPromise.com.

ryan1000
Character Actor

dishpromise.com is completly worthless. There none of the "frequent updates" they mention. Hell, I would settle for a single update. Its just a loop of empty promises. Its insulting. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What kind of update would you like, knowing they cannot release specific information. What’s on dishPromise is still the most up to date info. They are negotiating, and no changes so far.

FreeSpeech
Character Actor

Why go back to cable? I’m not going back to cable and if/when HBO comes back to Dish, I’m not subscribing to it, either. I’ve canceled Showtime and I’m about to disconnect Joey from Dish, using only an antenna. When my Dish contract is over, I’ll be looking at HULU. Right now I have Amazon (which is basically free with a Prime membership) and Netflix. I get HBO NOW from Amazon since it was lost via Dish. HULU now has local channels and DVR (Sling has DVR, too but not local channels). If I were to switch right now, I could reduce my Dish bill to about $70 with everything I need from HULU, Netflix and Amazon. So, bottom line, who needs this constant fighting and loss of what we want from entertainment? Charlie Ergen has strange negotiations tactics over increasingly antiquated TV transmission signals. 

DISH Employee

Hello Free Speech, I definitely understand your concern when it comes to price. As a single mother, I need to make sure everything remains on budget without sacrificing quality. I would be more than happy to take a closer look at your account, and review your available options. To do so, we are going to need to get the account verified. Can you send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code associated with the DISH account?

Here are steps for sending a Private Message:

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Summerville2018
Character Actor
This situation is absolutely unacceptable, and I find the explanation on the “HBO has removed its channels” message to be condescending and unnecessarily divisive. I pay for Dish Network to get quality service, though I have many other options, and the current state is not what I signed up for. My subscription to Dish Network is for my entertainment, not for you to drum up some stupid story to settle someone else’s political score with AT&T/TimeWarner. The observant know what this crap is really about and the message on your excuse channel is unacceptable.

We will be cancelling our dish service this month, not because we care a lot about HBO, but because you are using, yet again, your subscribers for a political purpose none of us consented to.
As a shareholder also for Dish, I hope others will agree and remove Charlie Ergen from his chairmanship as well as firing Erik Carlson from his position as CEO for using their subscriber base for a political purpose that does not serve shareholder interest.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Be very hard as he owns 78% of the voting power for Dish, as you know... he is the founder.

In addition, the reason HBO is not on Dish is not political. It’s quite simple. ATT is demanding a minimum subscriber guarantee which means that customers that do not want HBO would have to pay for HBO. Dish had less than 20% of their subscribers subscribing to HBO, and ATt is demanding they pay for atleast 30%. It would be irresponsible for them to take that deal. Even though you disagree, as a shareholder.

jillyb1173
Character Actor
That answer doesn't sit well with me. That anewer isn't good enough and that's why I'm leaving DISH Network. This is unacceptable and a definite deal breaker for me and my family.