Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

RJ
Character Actor

Why isn't Dish Network compensating with allowing customers who are not getting HBO/Cinemax with more then the one channel HDNet Movies? We have the so called Everything Pack that does not include all the movie channels such as EPIX, MGM, and Sony Movie Network.  Why doesn't Dish provide their Dish Movie Pack to all HBO/Cinemax subscribers to make up for the 15 missing channels.  One movie channel that is the same on 3 channels is hardly compensation for 14 other missing channels.  Like others have stated if HBO/Cinemax is not restored by the end of this month we may very well drop DISH network with other options.  We pay too much now to get all the channels we like to watch because there is no true al-la cart offered by DISH.  They need a true pick only the channels you want option instead of so called packs of pre-selected channels.

DISH Employee

Rj, unfortunately there isn't a way for the Pay-TV industry to truly have a la carte as no one provider owns the channels and the owners get to place their channels in a package that we negotiate for. The closest thing in the industry would be our Flex Pack. One of the first options to give you a low cost base package and allows you mini pack add-ons that you can add, swap, and/or remove whenever you wish.

While we work to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels, you will not be charged. We will continue to actively negotiate and once an agreement is reached, the channels will be restored and available immediately. If you would like for me to review your account to see what options we have available for you, please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access and review your account.  

HBO-who
Extra

I agree... it sounds like we, the customers, are paying for an excess in CEO pay!  I know this happened awhile back, but maybe we're feeling the effects now. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/dish-networks-charlie-ergen-2017-pay-rises-24-million-1097520

I'm really getting tired of Dish and HBO, feels a lot like a Govt shutdown... no negotiating and the customer/taxpayer gets powned.   I already have ATT Fiber, just so I wasn't totall beholden to one provider at any one time, like when they pull this crap.  

DISH Employee

We know that negotiations can be frustrating, and we appreciate your patience! HBO is making unreasonable demands and DISH is fighting to keep costs down. AT&T acquired Time Warner, the owner of HBO and Cinemax, in 2018. This acquisition was approved with no guidelines set ensuring that AT&T would "play fair" when negotiating with any cable or satellite TV provider. Please make sure to visit dishpromise.com for any new updates! 

bigdenver
Camera Crew
I'll bet Charlie won't take a pay cut to keep costs down, but he will fight tooth and nail to keep from paying even a penny more to content owners.

I guess we lowly customers go without so the officers can pocket more profits. I'm waiting for the upcoming rate hike notice in the mail already!

Poor Charlie probably needs to upgrade his private jet this year.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Charlie is not the CEO though. Actually, Charlie doesn’t have an “O” after his title either. Not even the president of the company... he is the chairman and founder.

Inferniooo
Extra

I have been a Dish customer for a combined period of over 2 decades. 

I installed my first dish myself and even remember buying the compass needed to point it at the satellite (I think it was 187 degrees). 

Over the last few years I've watched channel disputes and I've watched my price go up. As a standing customer, I feel I'm getting screwed. 

I get good challens pulled and watch new channels pop up that I'm not even interested in. VICE is a good example. 
Advertising a few dozen shopping channels as a selling point isn't doing it for me. I couldn't care less about the channels directed to the Latino community, and the religious channels are a joke also. 

When Dish cuts ties to the pay channels, it's like a slap in the face. Yes, I understand the politics behind it all and can appreciate that but this is a matter for the courts and NOT a matter for the customers. 

I'm about done with Dish Network. I might be in a contract, to be honest, I'm not sure. Either way, I've been talking with an attorney about a class action lawsuit aimed at cancelling all contracts. Not for breach of service but under the umbrella of content offering. We were offered contracts with certain  programming and then after signing contracts the programming was removed. 

Yes, Dish has sufficient writing in the contracts to cover their butt but the mere fact that the contract is authored by Dish leaves some room for a challenge. 

So, a message to Dish. Get your act together. Quit playing hardball on HBO and take this to the anti-monopoly route. Get something done or I'm gone. 

You may think, Oh well, he's just one customer but I do represent the issue. You guys are losing customers and eve those replying to this thread can lose your job when enough subscribers leave. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
The contracts more than sufficiently cover this. They explicitly state that channels can be removed at anytime. You’re not signing a contract for specific channels. This has been challenged, and the result is the same each time.

In addition to that, it is already at court. The DOJ had already filed suit. We are actually just waiting on the opinion of the court.
Highlighted

NooNoo
Character Actor

Well the court needs to hurry up

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Keep checking the news daily. They are suppose to release their opinion this month. The hearing was 12/6/18