Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

Yozbick
Extra

I will worry about it when Game of Thrones comes back on in April. If they haven't figured it out by then, I will stream HBO for the duration of GoT, then cancel again. In the meantime, I'm enjoying halfprice Showtime for six months.

jkfla
Costume Designer

Yozbick, I considered that option myself.  However, I have Viasat Internet service which is less than stellar.  Their speed is always a fraction of what they say it is (or should be).  I can't even watch a 2 min YouTube video without it buffering.  Imagine how frustrating that would be watching GOT.  They don't seem to care as you can't talk to anyone who even understands the problem since their call center is somewhere overseas where those people think they speak and understand English perfectly.  It should be unlawful to do business in the USA and then send your calls out of the country.  I am hoping Dish will get it resolved and I will try to catch up on everything I have missed "the end of" later when they replay it.  I am upset that AT&T is using strong arm tactics and the FCC should step in and slap them on the head.

Highlighted

Cdog18
Character Actor

I have issue streaming Netflix and am not willing to pay more money to get HBO and Cinemax with substandard service via streaming and I am not in a rual area.   My options where I live is either AT&T or a local provider with equipmrent that is 10 years out of date.   This is why I went with Dish when I moved here.

I have been reading a number of "Dish Employee" comments back and they basically give the same BS spin "we are working on it".    

Dish needs to wake up and see that they have little to no chance of winning this battel in court and man up to these facts and then make a decision to either accept the terms or tell it customers that it is not going to get these channels back.   Really getting tired of being strung along for 3 months now.  If they do that, then we all have a final decision from the "powers to be" and can made our own choice of staying or leaving Dish.  

At this stage of the game if I could find a way to get better streaming service I would give serious consideration to drop Dish.   As a customer I do not beleive that they have our best intersts at heart.  Easy for them to say they do but with no movement on this front since they dropped these channels it appears that they are only acting on their behalf and not their customers. 

Honestly do not want to get a rely from Dish employees as you are all spinning that BS message. 

Bottom-line, Dish as about 2 Millon  customers who had HBO and if they do not supply HBO to those 2 Million customers their revenue stream is headed in only one direction, and it is not upward.  In my opinion Dish is shooting themselfs in the revenue foot.  Can Dish afford to really lose 1 Million customer of this stupid pissing macth with AT&T? For the sake of the loyal and trusted employees I sure as heck hope so.  If not we all lose as there will be one less service provider for us to choose from.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Dish isn’t in a lawsuit with ATT. The Department of Justice is in a lawsuit with aTT, as they knew exactly this would happen.

jkfla
Costume Designer

Chadt4141

Based upon what I just read of the DOJs Appeal, it's not looking all that good for them.  But, what about Peter Keisler's defense "emphasizing the seven years of baseball-style arbitration that Turner has offered distributors as a hedge against any potential merger effects. The goal of that offer is to ensure that Turner, working in concert with DirecTV, the No. 1 U.S. satellite distributor, wouldn’t be able to maneuver to punish rivals."   Isn't that exactly what they are doing?    Has Dish invoked this or have a plan to invoke it if DOJ loses the case?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Dish asked for arbitration. ATT turned it down.

Conch007
Extra
I call bs on you negotiating around the clock here it is feb 2nd and still no HBO or conimax then I get a notification today some bs you added to my account expires in 3 days. To call you to extend it. I can say this much if I don’t have a solid answer in 7 days I’m dropping service after 7 years. Thanks for taking tour customers into consideration. It’s your lack of communication on the issue. Then both dish and att act like 2 year olds pointing fingers at each other instead of keeping the current programming at the current rate on until you compleatly the deal and don’t say that att pulled it cause it’s very clear that they are supplying the signal and your using us the customer as bargaining chips. Every bit of this is on Charlie Ergen. On just need look at what happened with Univision. Once negotiations fail to Ethan the upper hand they just walk away period. Instead of doing there job and negotiating in good faith on behalf of their customers and share holders they act like a kid who didn’t get his way on a playground and takes their ball and walks away leaving the neighborhood to pick up the pieces. Apparently they forgot the boards fiduciary duty is to make as much money as possible for its shareholders. His negotiating tactic has cost his shareholders half the value of their stock and customers are jumping ship because they aren’t getting the services they want. Unless something changes I think within 24 months dish will either be in bankruptcy court or it will be taken over with a hostile M&A and be sold off in pieces. Either way it’s not looking good maybe I should jump ship before it sinks.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Your comparison to Univision makes no sense. They are not negotiating at all. They are suing one another, over carriage contract breaches, patent infringements, and multiple other things.

I find it funny when people talk about the stock tanking, and only look at immediate. Nobody has taken into account that Jim deFranco is buying stock like there is no tomorrow, while charlie is building out his 5G.

Lots of missed points in your post... I encourage to look deeper. And FYI, yes their signal is broadcast, but without the legal requirements met(a contract) they cannot offer the signal to their customers, atleast per the FCC.

It should also be noted that less than 20% of their base subscribed to hBo and Cinemax previously, so...

Broomd
Character Actor

Absolutely agreed about this.  We're 20 ( TWENTY) 2...0..... year customers of DishNetwork.  We've been happy with DN's service over the years and and have stayed with them.

But this latest battle is nothing short of unprofessional for all parties involved, and as usual, the little guy is stuck holding the bag.

Despicable.  And we're very seriously considering cancelling our service and to tell them to pound sand.   And I would call on everyone here to boycott AT&T as well.  Don't use them for anything.

One more thing, we've had it with calling DN every few months trying to find the cheapest prices and discounts for everything.  It's a constant grind just to keep our bills remotely reasonable.

DISH Employee

Hi Broomd! It would be sad to see you leave DISH after 20 years. I'm an HBO user, and I know that it's frustrating to be missing your favorite movies and shows. We are working hard to reach a mutually beneficial agreement for the restoration of their channels. We're hoping to reach an agreement soon so that not only HBO can be up and running again, but also Cinemax. In the meantime, visit DISHPromise.com for up-to-date information regarding this dispute.

I know that it's important to stay within a certain budget so I will be happy to help you find a monthly rate that works for you in the long run while continuing to enjoy your favorite channels. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit PIN so we can check that out?