Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Because Dish didn’t accept the ridiculous demands of ATT for HBO, lower customer base will not equate to other customers needing to pick up the slack. Customers will still only pay for what they subscribe to. If HBO set a price for the channel, whatever price they want, but excluded the minimum subscriber guarantee, meaning only those that subscribe to the channel would pay for it, it would be back right now.

Spokewood
Extra

Bein was two channels and had cycling. I don’t care for soccer. Maybe it was another name but who cares its gone, I have been paying for separate services MSNBC Gold that is more expensive. There are one or two major events out of 40 on Dish now. No, its not the only sport I watch.

Dish likes to fight with everyone, are they really helping me or themselves. It’s a business and they choose to fight because it serves them.

Have they done anything for you? I doubt it. Love the equipment it is great, and the service is fair, but they want to fight every battle, its tiring. I think this is the third outage in the past two years maybe it’s more who can remember. At least the local channels were fought in the off season.

If you feel not having all your programing is fine, then you really don’t care. I don’t think I am not saving any money vs they other guy. Maybe they should make better deals in the first place regardless of who now owns the channels. Yes, I am aware of the other guy in the mix.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
BeIN has always been one channel in the US. For cycling, do you mean The NBCSN? Because whatever it is named now(use to be Versus, and a few other names, same owner) is still available on Dish.

bringbackHBO
Extra

jkfla
Costume Designer

I think it is pretty ludicrous for HBO DISH AT&T or anyone else to assume that EVERYONE in the USA has a Smartphone or Internet service with unlimited data so they can stream from other sources with no problem.  Particularly AT&T who wants to monopolize the business but can't put their money where their mouth is.  I have been waiting 15 years for DSL from them and the only thing they can offer is still dial-up.  HA.   So, many rural areas do not have a lot of options other than Satellite.  I also think this assumption is a form of age discrimation on senior citizens who have no desire for technology other than the on-off button.  It's pretty sad.

Southernmel7
Camera Crew

Agree!  Those of us that don’t have a choice for streaming should not have to pay a cancellation fee.  Contact BBB.  Better Business Bureau.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
SoutjernMel, this is covered explicitly in the contract... so why?

Lance
Extra

Again, the dispute is over the AMOUNT AT&T/HBO wants dish to pay.  They want dish to pay for a minimum of 5 million HBO subscriptions.  Dish has never had more that about 2 million (at it's peak).  That means that the $10 fee for HBO would have to go to $25 (and was an even worse trade where Dish had far less subscribers to it than the 5 million AT&T wants).

AT&T/HBO knew in advance that Dish would not go for that kind of rate hike (who whould?).

So, is is a ploy by AT&T to get folks to dump Dish and go with their DirectTV.

I don't know about others but I do NOT like being pushed like this.  I will NEVER use any AT&T products (Phone, Service, Satalite, etc.) and I swore off AT&T long before this.  I had a horrible experience with them when I had their phone service.  Someone in Mexico was using my AT&T service and making all kinds of calls.  I do not know how they were able to do that but it cost me over $1500 because AT&T would not reverse the charges even though I could prove I was never in Mexico.

Because of this, the current situation between Dish and AT&T is now heading to the courts for mitigation.

And if the court judge decisions of the past is any indication ($$$ Maybe?), then it does not look good for Dish.

What happened to the Monopoly laws of this country?

OK, enough of my rant, Lance

Highlighted

NooNoo
Character Actor
What does that mean for cable companies? I don't like Direct TV because they lied to me about what I would get for signing up with them. (Said I would get a free over the air antenna to be installed over my satellite dish, which at the time at least, the installer said didn't even exist).

jkfla
Costume Designer

I agree completely.  AT&T is a despicable company with no morals or scruples.  I won't go into my many experiences with them but can tell you I have total disdain for them and I am looking at options for digital telephone to rid them from my life.  Have kept my landline because of an elderly parent and at least twice a year they arbitrarily increase my rate by $2.  My basic phone is now $50/mo.

I would never never switch to Direct TV and they call all the time.  I have been with Dish 16 years with no problems other than the usual storm outages.

AT&T is being outrageous with their demands which should be illegal and is certainly immoral.  And yes, you are right in that they want Dish customers to jump ship.  Well, they can suck on that.   I also heard there is talk of them starting an independent HBO streaming service.  None of these mega mergers should ever have been approved except we have a corrupt FCC.

Guess I will have to wait until GOT dvds come out to see the final season if all else fails.  I am keeping the faith.  So hang in there.  A little ranting makes you feel better.