Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

bjromaine
Extra

Very poor choice for Dish Network if it isn't resolved soon.

Highlighted

joannec1965
Character Actor

This answer is canned and insufficiant in information. DISH is just as much to blame for this fiasco as HBO. DISH continually gives breaks to new customers while continually charging loyal, long tie customers more and more. The entire business scheme needs to change where HBO and DISH WORK FOR IT'S customers, not the CEOs. You are losing consumers by the day and will lost vastly more once GOT begins in late spring. These replies you give customers are merely stop gaps and placate people for a short time and that is insulting.

DISH Employee

We understand your frustration and concern for your HBO channels. While I do not have a timeline as to when a negotiation will be reached I can tell you that DISH is working around the clock to reach a mutually beneficial agreement with HBO for the restoration of their channels. For more information visit DISHPromise.com

lordorwell
Character Actor

it's why i switched to dish.  I'd rather pay extra to get hbo ala-carte than ever go back to those dickheads.  I added hbo as a prime channel with cinemax.  I'm paying $5 more this way but whatever.

lordorwell
Character Actor

that's EXACTLY why att is blocking HBO.  They own directv also.  Don't let them win.  Dish has better equipment and better service (by leagues) than directv and instead of making their product better, they are making the competitor look worse.  If you go to THAT POS service, you'll regret it for the rest of your life, long after you've switched back.  You can't even return unused equipment without ending up in a new contract, and their tech support don't know their asses from their faces.  I've had people they transferred me to say "why would they tell you that?  That's not true" Example:  Suspended accounts keep counting towards your contract (not true but told by two reps) and When i was locked into a new contract for two years for RETURNING a dvr, i can't begin to list all the lies.    The only thing you can do and not regret it later is just don't use HBO.  They most certainly aren't the only movie channel out there, and if you really want it that bad, get it from Amazon.  It's $15.  I'd rather pay more than give up the best company there is.

lordorwell
Character Actor

not exactly.  The whole reason hbo and dish got into this mess is HBO wants a gaurantee that subscribers will use it, and if we don't dish has to pay them anyway.  So for example two million people get hbo through dish.  HBO says "well the bare minimum you're going to pay for is four million" so dish is actually losing money.  Meanwhile ATT is giving away HBO with phone plans.  I'm not sure what kind of information you people expect to be given, but that's literally all the information there is:  They are negotiating.  I really don't think they will get it back.  If they do, i'll get it and drop my amazon subscription of it (i have dsl and it hogs the internet) but if not, i could care less.  ATT is pulling apple-level tactics here, thinking people won't notice. If you really want to resolve this, cancel anything you have that has to do with ATT.  Maybe they will get the hint.

drifter97
Extra

l totally agree, at&t is playing dirty and i will not go back to cable either, HBO or not, i m keeping dish. Also, I will not give cablevision or at&t the satisfaction of getting HBO by itself, because I will just do without it. It is rediculous what they are demanding anyway. I would not except that deal from at&t/cable either.

BOUZA
Character Actor
If this isn’t resolved before the new season of Game of Thrones starts, this will ruin DISH’s customers base. Clock is ticking...

BOUZA
Character Actor
Lies *cough*

jmanrunner
Extra

I don't watch Game of Thrones and otherwise do not miss HBO or Cinemax so for me this is a non-issue. I will keep DISH and support Charlie sticking up for end-user costs. I have had DISH service for 15 years while neighbors and relatives in the area have had AT&T or Comcast. All I hear are complaints from non-DISH owners about their rising costs and service problems. I do not have to have DISH, I choose DISH. I have had no complaints with DISH in 15 years. This is the best utility service I have. If Charlie and the board of directors think the HBO/Cinemax offer is a bad deal for me I am inclined to believe them and give them more time to figure out an amicable solution. AT&T would have you believe there is not enough money to go around for their enterntainment division, which is a laughable idea.