Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

BEAR1158
Extra
When will HBO and Cinemax be brought back to Dish
151 Replies

Re: Cinemax and HBO brought back to Dish when

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
When negotiations complete. There is no timeline. Could be 5 minutes, could be permanent.

lalenart
Character Actor
Is there a way of communicating with HBO direct and I guess AT&T. I will discontinuecHBO after GOT. They will loose me as a subscriber. I left AT&T as a phone carrier a long time ago. Like others I would go back to cable before switching to Direct. I have been pleased with DISH overall for years and hope they give some other insentives to their loyal customers besides just not charging for HBo and Showtime .
Highlighted

PEKOES
Character Actor

So what you are telling us if all satelite feeds went down for some reason you would say it could be 5 minutes or permanent. Last time I used that line when we would be back up I had every top exec blowing up my phone asking for when things would be fixed and the estimation had to be within minutes.
But thanks for the vague answer Smiley Happy

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What I said was they are negotiating and there is no timeline for negotiations. Ever. It could be 5 minutes, or they can reach an impasse and it is down forever. There is no guarantee for programming, as listed in your agreement.

PEKOES
Character Actor

Chadt4141
I understand agreements and negotiations but truly an update would be nice saying we talked to them on X date and have still have not come to an agreement.....I know you are tired of answering the same question over and over again and am not upset with you because that is your job to answer complaints/questions and kudos to you holding down the fort

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
I’m just a customer the same as you.

I will say that they “talk” daily, however those talks usually consists of emails and phone calls back and forth. Offers made, rejected, resent, etc. The exact information during those, they cannot release due to confidentiality clauses. They protect both sides, when it comes to pricing around other avenues.

PEKOES
Character Actor

I apologize Chadt4141 for thinking you know more than others since you are just a customer just like me and since I don't know the hierarchy of the badges/names associated with them I made a bad assumption you may be in the know and possibly work for the company.

I will now only assume you know as much as an average customer does thinking there are daily 'talks' and can only hope they will come to some consensus soon.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
A little more than average. A former employee.

smedleyludlow
Character Actor

I don't care if its never brought back if I have to deal with ATT.  They are the worst phone company ever. No exceptions.