Chiller

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chiller

po1gara
Extra
Tonight I noticed that I'm missing chiller channel 199. I have the Top 250 package and checked my remote in both 'My Channels' and 'All Channels' along with trying to enter the channel number directly to no avail. I have 2 receivers and the channel is missing from both so its not likely a problem with the receiver. Was just wondering if the channel has been moved or dropped?
28 Replies

Re: missing channel

terijjj
Extra
po1gara, I have the same problem and am not a happy person !

stxisbest
Costume Designer
if it was chiller its has been removed as of 2/1

thundorr53
Extra
yes they removed Chiller channel over night, they made no announcement to their customers and it took me 30 minutes on live chat before the rep. finally checked and saw it had been removed, I will be going back to Directv as this is unnacceptable as much money as I pay. bye-bye Dish Network..

justdeb
Extra
I too, noticed we were missing both channel 198 AND channel 199. When I called DISH about 45 minutes ago to discuss this - I got nowhere. I was offered a 3 month "discount" to my bill however due to the last fiasco of taking my local channel 6 for MONTHS, I'm discounted to what they offered and I'm tired of this hostage situation! I told them we received NO NOTICE whatsoever they were taking both channels; I have all paper bills as well as e-bills going months back - nothing was provided. The CSR put me on hold, came back and said "You didnt receive an email?" to which I asked the CSR to provide a copy of the notice, date and time it was sent - he could not and got very quiet. I told him inside of the past 12 months DISH has raised the rates $10, and again $5 every year for the past umpteen years now. My bill started out at $65 ($74 with taxes) and is now at $99 for the same programming I've always had, minus several channels, yet every year they keep taking them and jacking the rates.

[b:1hwcdj91]MOD EDIT: Please do not post employee phone numbers on the forum.[/b:1hwcdj91]

Vslinky1
Extra
I too am not happy about losing chiller. Been checking into directv. If dish is smart they will bring it back!! :evil:

Coral1201
Extra
I too am very, very unhappy with Dish's decision to drop the Chiller Channel. I enjoyed it immensely. I will begin shopping at DirectTV and Comast, and will very well decide to drop my Dish account.

wnchstr
Extra
We have been dish customers for over 20 years. I pay $200 a month for mostly channels we don't watch. Chiller was the one channel that had consistent programming that we looked forward to watching.

There was no input by customers as to whether we wanted it to stay.

This is the second time in less than 6 months dish has taken channels we watch away.

Looks like it's time to take my AUTOMATIC PAYMENT of $200 a month away from dish.

denny
Extra
I wish they'd put it back.

dnunez53
Extra
I agree. As cheesy as some of the B-movies could be, I enjoyed them. I remember the B-rated horror movies from the 50's and 60's, they're fun. Someone higher up needs to revisit this decision. Or maybe it was $$$$$ talking more than sense. Doesn't someone at Dish monitor the amount of times channel 199 was being watched? I'll be investigating the competition as well.