Channels removed from my service, WEEK Peoria

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Channels removed from my service, WEEK Peoria

rmwmson
Character Actor
When will you tellus the truth about why Dish removed 3 channels from local channels?
12 Replies

Re: Channels removed from my service, WEEK Peoria

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Dish didn’t remove the channel. Quincy Media did. Keep in mind, Quincy Media is the only one that legally can remove the channel. And it was removed by quincy because Quincy wants more money. Keep in mind, providers have to offer he channel or negotiate in good faith to get the channel under the FCCs “Take One Take All”. Not sure what “truth” you wanted to hear.

rmwmson
Character Actor
The TRUTH is, of the 16 area Cable and Satellite services, Dish is the only outlyer. Why can't other stations be substituted while you people play your games?

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That argument is a farce to begin with. The contracts for each provider is staggered on purpose so no two providers are down at the same time. The channel owners do that on purpose and then say “but we have successfully negotiated with everyone else” until they haven’t.

The FCC enforces Designated market areas and does not allow the import of Channels from out of market. The market areas are drawn by Nielsen’s Media. They cannot import, per the FCC.

rmwmson
Character Actor
The fact is, ignoring your sarcasm, I am telling you this Long Time customer will be leaving if this isn't settled by Wednesday.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
That would be your choice, however that is not a driving factor to their decision making. They have nearly 13 million customers to think about, and that will be the priority. Helping the greater. They have an algorithm for the number of customers to leave vs the cost to increase to you and how many would leave then.

rmwmson
Character Actor
I don't believe there are 13,000,000 customers in the WEEK Peoria, IL viewing area. I am pleased that Dish has an algorithm that allows them to treat customers like pawns and still show a healthy profit. I hope to the Gods of Broadcasting, you aren't an employee of DISH

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You’re right that there are not 13M customers in Peoria’s market, but Quincy is not holding up just Peoria. The affected markets likely are several tens of thousands, but you want them to charge customers out of those markets to pay for your increases, but I bet come Jan, you will be back to complain about the annual price increase. Balancing all markets and all customers is important which is why the algorithm is important. No one market is favored over the next.

Shazam
Camera Crew

Not sure if I read that right but 3 channels are off that quincy owns.

Highlighted

Junglecub
Character Actor
They took away 2 channels here 2 and claim its the network because they want more money yet dish refuses to pay but still charges for the channels