cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Channels and Subscriptions

SChainey
Camera Crew

Since I learned Dish did not have an agreement with the DiscoveryGO channels I've been noticing other channels, or lack of channels, that are considered part of a "package".  We pay for so many channels we don't use, think about or even consider but are paying for in the America's Top...120/200/250.  I find very few channels available to watch in any "package".  After many YEARS a faithful customer, I am now considering dropping Dish altogether and go to internet streaming.  At least streaming packages allow you can pick and choose the exact channels you want and not be fed others you never want.  A single customer can make a difference.  But if many customers drop Dish on the same day as a boycott then the executives of Dish must take notice.  "You can sheer a sheep many times but you can only skin it once!"

4 Replies

Re: Channels and Subscriptions

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Even the online services are set up virtually like Dish Flex Pack...

DISH Employee

Hi, SChainey! The Flex Pack allows you to have 50+ of the most popular channels and the option to add on packs with other programming you might want. You can review the lineup of the Flex Pack at https://www.mydish.com/flex-pack

We can also help you find the package best suited for you based on the channels you like. What channels do you enjoy?

SChainey
Camera Crew

We subscribed to Dish over 20 years ago.  Always thought it was better than DirectTV.  WRONG!!!!! Dish is now VERY GREEDY, wanting MORE AND MORE MONEY FOR LES AND LESS SERVICE!! We all need jobs where we can do less and less to be paid more and more.  Well, we are coming to the end of the line for Dish Network.  I just requested a new box because our box is at least 15 years old and starting to falter (locking-up and needing to be reset or resetting on its' own after about 5 minutes or so and no buttons work on the remote or box except "reset" or "power"). When I requested the box it took a 19+ minute conversation to convince the representative that all we needed was a box and I could install it or change it out.  They tried to "sell me on Hopper" then charge $15 a month.  Then they wanted me to perform for them all the tests that I had tried over and over after which they tried to send a technician to my home to do what I can do.  FINALLY!!, I conviced them to send a new box, VIP722K, to my home but gave a stiff warning that if I did not return the box with 10 days I would be charged for the box. They made their money many times over on this box and still want to charge for the equipment that is old and nearly worn out!  Next step, cancel in favor of DirectTV.

DISH Employee

SChainey, Having older equipment that seems to be going out is the last thing we want you to deal with. While swapping out the receiver might seem like the best ting to do, we do go through a few steps to ensure shipping out a receiver is the best move instead of sending out a technician. While DISH does not lease to own, we do give customers the option to purchase the equipment outright initially so you will not need to return it later. If you would like us to take a look at the account and all available options for you, please send a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit security PIN: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039