cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Channel names

gcotterl
Costume Designer

Why are the channel-names displayed on the Guide (or for selected programs) different from the channel-names on the line-up card?

19 Replies

Re: Channel names

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What are some examples?

gcotterl
Costume Designer

Channel numbers: 81, 87, 123, 176, 177, 186, 220, 221, 222, 223, 224 etc, etc, etc

DISH Employee

Thank you for the information, gcotterl. I would be happy to help find out what's going on. Let's use channel 176 for this purpose. I am showing this should be Cartoon Network. What channel is a displaying on your guide and your channel line-up card?

gcotterl
Costume Designer

GUIDE:  TOON

Line-up card: Cartoon Network (E)

DISH Employee

We do abbreviate the channel names with 4 letters on our guide. This is indeed the same channel it's just the channel lineup card will contain the complete channel name. 

gcotterl
Costume Designer

I'd like to get a list of ALL channels that I subscribe to: AT200, DISH Movie Pack and Locals (zip 92504).

I need the 4-letter channel-names (displayed in the Guide), the channel-names (shown on the lineup card) and the channel-numbers)

DISH Employee

Hello, goctterl. The channel lineup card provided is the only channel lineup card that we have available. The guide does display the 4-letter abbreviation to save space. However, these channels do match the number on the lineup card.

For example, on the lineup card channel 110 will be displayed as Food Network and on the guide it will be displayed as FOOD.

gcotterl
Costume Designer

I'll download the line-up card, extract the channels for AT200, add the Dish Movie Pack channels and add my local channels.  

I'll then compare that list with the channels displayed in "My Channels" and report any discrepancies.

gcotterl
Costume Designer

How can I get the 4-letter abbrevations (displayed in the guide) that match the channel-names and channel-numbers in the line-up card?