Changes in local channels

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in local channels

cindy101
Extra
This past week our local channels have changed, taking away channel KSHB 041 (an NBC channel out of Kansas City, Missouri). It was replaced with channel KYOU2 041 (an NBC channel out of Ottumwa, Iowa). That gives us four local channels, all of them based in Ottumwa, Iowa. We live in Missouri, and have no need, nor want, for four channels out of Ottumwa, Iowa.
We need a Kansas City NBC local channel, that gives us accurate weather forecasting and news for our locale. Weather forecasts and news out of Ottumwa does not do a thing for us.
I know many people in this area are as unhappy with this change as we are. Please address this concern.
Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Changes in local channels

peggyrh
Associate Producer
The FCC controls what locals you receive from your provider, it's not up to Dish. Something must have changed after the first of the year.

stile99
Cinematographer
What is your zip code? It's possible you may still get the KC channels via an OTA antenna, but if the FCC has redefined the designated market area (which they indeed do from time to time) then what they say are your locals are, by legal definition, your locals and other than the OTA antenna there's nothing anyone can do. It sounds like you live on or near the Iowa border and are now what is referred to as an "orphan county".

The only one who can address this concern is the FCC, and I think we all know what their opinion of the consumer is.

ImTD
Extra

At least you have NBC to watch.  We, in Southern Oklahoma, do not have NBC on the lineup now.  So I am missing the Super Bowl for the first time ever......Have watched every one ever.  Why didn't Dish do something to help out the customer?