Can Locals be Removed from Programming Package?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Locals be Removed from Programming Package?

DigitalJim
Character Actor
I have the Dish 120 package. Now that the locals are a separate $10 charge, can they be removed from the package or are we locked in if we stay with the Dish 120? I use OTA locals most of the time and, quite frankly, it's a waste of my money to be paying for the locals on the satellite feed!

Thanks!
6 Replies

Re: Can Locals be Removed from Programming Package?

DISH Employee
Feel free to send me a private message with your account number or phone number and 4 digit security PIN so we may assist you further with your billing concerns.

hddn
Visual Engineer
As far as I know, locals are optional for the Flex plan only. Some think that showing them as a separate line item in AT120 etc. is a prelude to letting you drop them but it might also just be a warning shot to local companies with their every increasing prices that Dish [i:3fwkncvo]is willing to[/i:3fwkncvo] do that... someday... (ie: might just be a bargaining chip.)

DigitalJim
Character Actor
So if I were to move to the Flex plan and remove the locals, would I still be able to receive guide info for the OTA channels? Or is the guide info only available if subscribing to locals?

Thanks!

DISH Employee
DigitalJim wrote:
So if I were to move to the Flex plan and remove the locals, would I still be able to receive guide info for the OTA channels? Or is the guide info only available if subscribing to locals?

Thanks!

Yes, you are able to receive the Flex Pack as your core package without local channels. DISH is the only company that permits this. Let me know if you need any assistance making these changes.

DigitalJim
Character Actor
My last question was not answered.

If I go with the Flex package without locals and use only OTA locals (via the OTA tuner in my 722K), will I lose the guide information for the the OTA channels?

Sorry that this was not answered. If you do not have satellite locals on the account you [b:1m96j8z2]do not[/b:1m96j8z2] get the guide data for OTA channels
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator