Can I drop ESPN Channels to save money?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I drop ESPN Channels to save money?

tmcmsail
Extra
I heard that the ESPN group of channels is a huge cost. I just plain do not watch sports and feel robbed to be paying for all these sports channels. Can we get a non-sports package?
4 Replies

Re: Can I drop ESPN Channels to save money?

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Try the Flex package, has no sports or children's programming, much cheaper if it has the channels you need.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
I tried that. Unfortunately it's groups not totally ala carte, so to get all the channels on that I do watch it was more than the 250 channel bundle.

hddn
Visual Engineer
Yes, content providers still like to sell their content in packages. So to chose flex, you need to be flexible. If you are absolutely wedded to some specific set of channels, then they'll get you. My guess is that after a few months, most people will barely notice whether they have 30 channels or 200. But then, other people will barely notice the price difference between 30 channels and 200 so, there are different options for different people.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
To save $10 a month [now $12], DISH recently let subscribers drop locals. Save $144 a year if you have an antenna. And, you will get all prime channels uncompressed and all the sub channels that DISH does not carry.