CBS Network lockout

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CBS Network lockout

bilekrick
Character Actor
I do remember in 2016 when Dish had their dispute with Tribune Broadcasting we were without our local station WGN channel 9 for over two weeks.

Re: CBS Dispute

dataman1100
Extra
Now I know why Dish is offering the free OTA antenna deal. I was signed up to get it but once I found out the DVR would not record scheduled local (network free OTA) programs reliably I decided not to get it. I would rather pay for the local channels so the DVR scheduler will work. I never watch live TV anymore. Now the CBS dispute is going on again. If Dish will come up with a DVR that will record scheduled over the antenna programs 100% of the time, I will switch. If not I would rather pay for the locals. Come up with a way and then we can all stick it to the networks that charge Dish / Us for the free programs.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
dataman1100 wrote:
Now I know why Dish is offering the free OTA antenna deal. I was signed up to get it but once I found out the DVR would not record scheduled local (network free OTA) programs reliably I decided not to get it. I would rather pay for the local channels so the DVR scheduler will work. I never watch live TV anymore. Now the CBS dispute is going on again. If Dish will come up with a DVR that will record scheduled over the antenna programs 100% of the time, I will switch. If not I would rather pay for the locals. Come up with a way and then we can all stick it to the networks that charge Dish / Us for the free programs.

You can look into a TiVo or Channel Master DVR for the locAls.

TPRIBORSA
Camera Crew
Is the CBS renegotiation a local event or national? It happened a few years ago and we lost the "hopper" portion of the Hopper as a result (ie, no option to skip commercials). What more can they demand except a higher ransom?

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It’s specific to CBS O&O locations. They want more money, even though CBS is already the highest paid local channel already.

crodrules
Costume Designer
bilekrick wrote:
I do remember in 2016 when Dish had their dispute with Tribune Broadcasting we were without our local station WGN channel 9 for over two weeks.

Weeks? Make that months. The Tribune dispute lasted from June until early September.

bilekrick
Character Actor
crodrules wrote:
bilekrick wrote:

Weeks? Make that months. The Tribune dispute lasted from June until early September.

That is probably right,it didn't seem that long because I rarely watch my local Tribune(Soon to be Sinclair) broadcasting channel in Chicago.

bilekrick
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
dataman1100 wrote:

You can look into a TiVo or Channel Master DVR for the locAls.

Magnavox has a DVD/DVR recorder that allows you to record your local antenna broadcast channels

rkhinz
Character Actor
I am so disgusted with Dish. I can't cancel as they renewed my contract automatically. I thought it was up in April but it was March. I want Direct tv. At least they promise to never block local station. Dish is a horrible company. They trick you, constantly block stations you paid for while pocketing the money. We need our local stations. We want them at whatever cost. I would be forced to pay Dish a huge cancellation fee to get out of this mess. We are long time customers who loved Dish at one time. Now we hate them.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
rkhinz wrote:
I am so disgusted with Dish. I can't cancel as they renewed my contract automatically. I thought it was up in April but it was March. I want Direct tv. At least they promise to never block local station. Dish is a horrible company. They trick you, constantly block stations you paid for while pocketing the money. We need our local stations. We want them at whatever cost. I would be forced to pay Dish a huge cancellation fee to get out of this mess. We are long time customers who loved Dish at one time. Now we hate them.

Directv also has channel blackouts. In fact, they have one right now.