cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: CBS Network lockout

Wallybunker
Audio Engineer
The lockout doesn't just impact CBS owned and operated stations in soecific market, it also impacts CBS Sportsmet, which is now locked out during college basketball season as well as a few other channels. I understand Dish's position. I think t is criminal for local stations to charge for something that is free over the air. Dish, other satellite and cable providers really give locals more viewers and grater advertising exposure and they expect subscribers to pay. Hurry up and mske a deal.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Wallybunker wrote:
The lockout doesn't just impact CBS owned and operated stations in soecific market, it also impacts CBS Sportsmet, which is now locked out during college basketball season as well as a few other channels. I understand Dish's position. I think t is criminal for local stations to charge for something that is free over the air. Dish, other satellite and cable providers really give locals more viewers and grater advertising exposure and they expect subscribers to pay. Hurry up and mske a deal.

With the power of CBSCorp, they’ll agree sooner rather than later, but I would expect something like no more autohop.

stile99
Cinematographer
I would agree to no more autohop in a second. It'll take someone who knows what they are doing maybe 5 minutes to add to the code a new button, right under the watch button, that says "watch without commercials". Now it's not automatic, the user selected the option, middle finger to you, CBS.

CBS Access

jsmitty54
Extra
It is extremely disappointing that Dish cannot provide access to CBS in the heart of football season. I have dish at two houses and I am definitely cancelling my plan and switching to a provider that can provide this access (which is all of the other providers!). Only Dish has dropped CBS. I am a Dish customer, not a CBS customer - I pay Dish. I expect my provider to provide this access and I would never have signed up with Dish if I had known this was a possible occurrence. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Re: CBS Access

Chadt41411
Casting Director
jsmitty54 wrote:
It is extremely disappointing that Dish cannot provide access to CBS in the heart of football season. I have dish at two houses and I am definitely cancelling my plan and switching to a provider that can provide this access (which is all of the other providers!). Only Dish has dropped CBS. I am a Dish customer, not a CBS customer - I pay Dish. I expect my provider to provide this access and I would never have signed up with Dish if I had known this was a possible occurrence. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Contracts for each provider expires on a staggered schedule so the channel owner doesn’t have 2 channels down at the same time.

Re: CBS Access

hddn
Visual Engineer
jsmitty54 wrote:
I would never have signed up with Dish if I had known this was a possible occurrence.

You really should read those contracts. Every pay TV provider I know of has a clause that no specific channels are guaranteed for exactly this reason. TV contracts come up throughout the year with no relation to the contract terms of any specific subscriber so there's no way they can guarantee no change in channels.

tomyo10
Extra
Here in Erie PA, we've been without CBS, NBC and WB for almost 2 months now due to a conflict with Lilly Broadcasting. Lilly also owns stations in Puerto Rico and Hawaii.

In our area, though CBS and the WB do not come in because of their local transmitting problems.

Dish will give you one antenna.
If you have more than one TV, you'll have to but the rest yourself.
If you have TV's in a basement family room, you're probably SOL.

I have found IPTV for the CBS, NBC, Fox, ABC, PBS and WB. Though not local, it's still network.

I've been a Dish customer for 15 years, but this will cinch it for me. I am done.

manypets2016
Extra
I don't care who is at fault. This is the second time and with NBC it took over a month. Dish needs to put their customers first and make it happen. I really like Dish but will jump ship if this garbage takes a month like last time. They can point fingers all they want at CBS but Dish needs to stand up and make the deal happen. This is ridiculous that I can't get my local station for the amount of money we pay Dish this shouldn't happen.

bilekrick
Character Actor
Why should Dish subscribers pay more money for the Smithsonian channel,POP,and CBS Sports Network channel? I am on Dish Network's side on this dispute.

JSracer
Audio Engineer
Bought my ota adapter for the hopper3 today,
Got my cbs back, with the guide data also.

I have no patience for this, since we watch almost everything on cbs prime time

Cbs sports has some racing, Smithsonian has some interesting stuff. No clue what the other one is