Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CBS Network lockout

Chadt41411
Casting Director
crodrules wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:
Directv also has channel blackouts. In fact, they have one right now.

What channel is blacked-out on Directv? I have not been following the news.

One of the local companies. I’d have to go look for it. The only reason I’m knew about it this time was DTV Facebook page.

Macjackson
Character Actor
Won't get into the peeing contest as to who is right or wrong or if DTV is better than Dish or vice versa, just asking why I still have CBS, but the POP channel (owned by CBS) is gone and the notifications says it is withheld by CBS.

Not complaining that I have CBS, but I was in the middle of watching all the reruns of ER on pop. And I had POP yesterday. Very strange.... :mrgreen:
Highlighted

Chadt41411
Casting Director
It’s only CBS owned stations. If your CBS is owned by an affiliate, it’s not impacted at all.

drn3500
Extra
This is the last straw. I don't believe for one minute that Dish is trying all that hard. This continuous loss of channels is unacceptable, yet we pay even though we don't receive the channel. Time to cancel Dish, there are plenty of options!

rkhinz
Character Actor
Time for a "I love Dish" post.

Cherylcat54
Extra
As much as we’ve PAID DISH over 14 years, if CBS isn’t up and operational by 12:01, Thursday morning, they are toast. If they can’t keep basic programming up and running then they are useless.

stile99
Cinematographer
rkhinz wrote:
Time for a "I love Dish" post.

I love Dish. Despite what the CBS employees who come here and post one time say.

Kinda not loving the fees for DVR service, a Hopper (included in the cost of the DVR service) and three Joeys though, but it's a year before that becomes an issue that can be actioned. But definitely loving the fact that Dish doesn't grab their ankles for the broadcasters that make billions (that's with a B, thank you) off rebroadcast fees already and decide that isn't enough.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
CBS is greedy. Those of you complaining & threatening to leave, that's your choice - just don't expect it to be any different anywhere else, both satellite services have contract disputes.

Macjackson
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
It’s only CBS owned stations. If your CBS is owned by an affiliate, it’s not impacted at all.

I tried to post some further info but couldn't but now I can.
I found this online
DISH has dropped CBS and several other local television stations owned by CBS, in [b:qvpxqic7]New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Philadelphia, Dallas, San Francisco, Atlanta, Boston, Seattle, Tampa, Detroit, Minneapolis, Miami, Denver, Sacramento, Pittsburgh and Baltimore.[/b:qvpxqic7] In addition, CBS Sports Network, Pop and the Smithsonian Channel have been dropped.

My CBS is from Idaho Falls or so I believe. And I guess POP is nationwide via CBS so that is probably why I have CBS but no POP. Oh well....

peggyrh
Associate Producer
That info is incorrect, Dish did not drop CBS. CBS is the only one that can keep Dish from broadcasting its network. Put the blame where it belongs, on a contract dispute - because CBS again wants more money.