cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CBS Network lockout

stile99
Cinematographer
rkhinz wrote:
We need our local stations. We want them at whatever cost.

OK, your bill is now $5000/month, at your request.

twagner
Extra
I feel the same. Take this contract, and stick it. I am not getting what I paid for. CBS is huge for us and our favorite News channel.
Highlighted

Why are we not receiving a refund for services not received?

pvsurfer
Extra
Hey Dish, I'm paying you $10/month for local channels. The CBS lockout has resulted in the loss of 2 of our local channels (and programming) which my family watched on a daily basis! Notwithstanding this hardship, why should subscribers have to pay for programming that is blacked out? :roll:

rkhinz
Character Actor
While it is true that Direct TV has programming disputes they state they will never block out local channels.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
rkhinz wrote:
While it is true that Direct TV has programming disputes they state they will never block out local channels.

Very much like how your local affiliate has blackout this channel, DTV has channels blacked out the same.

As far as paying for local programming. You’re right. You don’t have to pay for it. If you feel the locAls are no longer worth it, you can remove them. Continuing on with them is your choice.

hddn
Visual Engineer
rkhinz wrote:

I googled and found this from DirecTV:

[quote:20unm3ue][b:20unm3ue]Yet, broadcasters use blackouts or threats of blackouts to force your family to pay more and deny you access to what was once free network programming. They often blame the cable or satellite TV provider for taking the stations down, when the fact is that only the broadcast station has ability to withhold programming.[/b:20unm3ue] DIRECTV cannot and will not take your ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC away from you in a programming dispute.[/quote:20unm3ue]

Note the first sentence. If DirecTV or Dish doesn't pay, then the local channel withholds their content.

The last sentence, all by itself, might make you think DirecTV never looses stations, but that's not what it says. It just says it's not their fault when it happens.

stile99
Cinematographer
As hddn said, Dish doesn't remove local channels either. The local channels lie their hineys off and blame whichever provider they are currently bullying, but the absolute truth is like DirecTV, Dish CAN'T. Wouldn't if they could.

Thankfully, people are (slowly, unfortunately) getting smarter and taking the advice "follow the money" to heart, and figuring out who really is at fault in these situations. Unfortunately, plenty still swallow the lies hook, line, sinker, pole, and halfway up the arm. Funny thing though, the ones that claim they'll pay whatever it takes are the first ones to cry when their wish is fulfilled and their bill goes up.

bilekrick
Character Actor
If you live in an area where you can receive local television channels from an antenna Maxnovox has a DVD/DVR recorder that allows you to record programs from an antenna that works just as well as a Dish hopper DVR.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
bilekrick wrote:
If you live in an area where you can receive local television channels from an antenna Maxnovox has a DVD/DVR recorder that allows you to record programs from an antenna that works just as well as a Dish hopper DVR.

You can also record onto the Hopper.

crodrules
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Directv also has channel blackouts. In fact, they have one right now.

What channel is blacked-out on Directv? I have not been following the news.