BBC America no longer available on my current package

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBC America no longer available on my current package

flylooper
Extra

So I signed up for a package which included one of my favorite channels (BBC-America) a few months ago. Lo and behold, they take it off my package and add it into the next most expensive  package of programs. 

This is absoltuely infuriating and another reason that evantually I will migrate out of these kinds of deals and into something—probably something online—where I can control what I want to watch. All I can do is vote with my feet, I guess. So I'll leave as soon as my contrast is up.

This business of paying money for channels I don't want—and more money for channels I do want is total nonsense. In the entire lineup of channels in my package I don't watch more than a half dozen. 

[/rant]

4 Replies

Re: BBC America no longer available on my current package

Chadt4141
Casting Director
I’m guessing you have the Flex Plan. Unfortunately, channels contractually obligate providers which package their handles go in, and that can change at anytime. This is the specific reason that the service agreement states as such. I also believe that channel was recently on free preview.

dino
Extra
Chad....I'm guessing you dont really know where that channel was in the packages. I have the top 120, and BBC America is no longer available. It is now only available as part of top 200 or better. You are saying that the channels define your package lineup. I find that hard to believe. There is deliberate planning involved by Dish to make those packages, which are intended to lure you up the ladder at higher cost. To deny that is disingenuous. I will vote with my feet as the original poster said and leave after my contract ends.

DISH Employee

dino, we would certainly hate to lose you as a customer. Per the contractual agreements we have with the channels owners, we must place their channel in the package they choose. We are always interested in hearing how we can improve your viewing experience, I will go ahead and get this feedback submitted to our Programming Team. 

Ghrt2009
Extra
I will also not renew when my contract is up. Not only do they increase price of package after 2 years, and say your getting the new customer deal again, they go and take away channels from a package its been in for a while. It was my favorite channel. Bye bye Dish.