Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

ACC Network

PBW
Extra

What is the status of the ACC Network? 

We switched from DirectTv after 15+ years and have generally been happy with Dish.  However, our contract ends in the fall and we will be switching back to DirectTv if Dish decides not to carry the ACC Network.  Not being able to negotiate with HBO was one thing but not having the ACC Network will be a deal breaker.  The ACC has the reining National Champs in both Football (Clemson 2 out of the last 3 years) and the reigning Basketball National Champions.  The season starts in August...tick tock.

2 Replies

Re: ACC Network

DISH Employee

Hi PBW! At DISH, we are always looking into ways to improve our Programming. This would be a great channel to add to our line up. Keep in mind that there are many factors that go into deciding the channels to carry. 

However, I will be happy to submit a Programming Request Form over to my Programming Team. This will let them know that you are interested in DISH carrying this channel. 

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to reach out! 

Re: ACC Network

troutnc
Camera Crew

CarinaG, Two things. Why don't you follow up on your offer to help with the results of your efforts so that we can see if your offer to help is helping? 2nd thing; why don't you tell we, the community, how to make our own programming requests? Of course we already know that DISH is stonewalling us. They are more interested in reaping a penny more on their contract with the ACC Network than they are on providing programming thousands of their customers DEMAND!

To DISH it's how much money will we lose if we agree to the ACC Network's terms vs how much money will we lose if x number of present customers leave us because we refuse to meet their programming needs?

I say keep your customers FIRST in your decisions and you won't have to worry about the money.

As for me, if you haven't announced that you will be offering the ACC Network by August 22, I'm going...going...?

Oh, and with your bad reputation for dropping channels, and assuming you agree to provide your viewers with the ACCN, I can foresee the time when the ACCN is scheduled to air an event vitally important to thousands of your customers and we tune in to find your standard excuse, THE ACC NETWORK HAS PULLED THEIR PROGRAMMING.

Thanks DISH (sarcasm intended)