8-19-19 Update on ACC Network would be appreciated

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

8-19-19 Update on ACC Network would be appreciated

AccFan
Character Actor

The communities of programming suggestions and channels & Packaging are filled with requestss to carry the ACC Network which will be launched 8-22-19; however, there have been only a few 'responses' by Dish Employees with any kind of information other than they would 'pass along our requests'.  Ok, the requests  have been passed along, so what is being decided?  It would be nice if we could find out some concrete information and not just a 'pacifier' of words.

10 Replies

Re: 8-19-19 Update on ACC Network would be appreciated

HickTick
Extra

Yeah , Are we going to get the ACC network  ???   The Whole east coast  , You can have the PAC  , Longhorn , Big 12 

My wife said to keep our bill under 100 bucks but YOU keep edging up  now $ 116   , She keeps saying words like 

ROKU  ,  The first game for my beloved , Champion Clemson Tigers is Aug 29  , Dont make me have to choose 

mcat21
Extra

I would think that Dish would have outstanding demographic info on their users...apparently not. I had breakfast at Hardee's in Roanoke, Virginia this morning with six other sports fanatics. Three had Cox, one had Direct TV, and two had Dish. The five without the ACCN and myself are all going to Direct TV next week. It is surprising to me that Dish apparently has no idea of their customers' passions. I am certain of this. A large number of fans in the Virginia Tech footprint are asking each other this week where they're getting the VT-Boston College game next weekend. I would assume the other ACC footprint areas are talking about their upcoming games on the ACC Network as well. 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

At this time, we do not have a contract to carry ACC Network. We are working with the owner of the ACC Network to see if a fair agreement can be reached to carry this channel on DISH’s line-up. Our top priority is to provide our customers with the best TV experience possible at the best value!

bdh
Camera Crew

No channels will be back charlie needs a lot of money quick if your tyed up in a contract and have good internet lower your package and sign up for a streaming solution

Ergen has negotiated with the Department of Justice and Federal Communications Commission to give him two more years to build a 5G network. Dish must build a 5G network that covers 20% of the country by June 2022 and 70% of the U.S. population by June 2023. If it doesn’t, Dish will have to pay the U.S. Treasury as much as $2.2 billion.

Hes got to get the money for this build out  somewhere looks like Locals and sports is a good start

Just Google Dish and 5g build out

ACCFAN15
Camera Crew

Best Value, really!  You have raised the rates while losing channels and you have customers requesting you add one channel and you cannot even do that right.  You cannot offer HBO anymore you are losing Fox sports but rates go up not sure where you are getting best value.  Just add the ACC network and you will keep customers.  If not it seems like you will be losing more than just channels you will be losing customers.

BOCARATONNOLES
Camera Crew

SamF.  Give people the option to have it...90 % of your competition has it!  step up or Im gone.  Its ridiculous

bobbydvs
Extra

I have been a Dish Network customer for 19 1/2 years and have had good service for the most part; however, if they do not have the ACC Network by Monday the 26th I will be switching to YoutubeTV.  I hate change, but i will not miss college football.  There is over 100 useless channels that we pay for but not the one that i really want.  Disappointing they are the last ones to get on board.

DrHicks
Character Actor

Same for me DISH.

Add the ACC Network or you will lose me as a customer.

The channel premiers tomorrow.

Tick, Tick, Tick ...

dkhegler
Extra

I guess we have to assume that there is no deal in sight and need to make other plans than staying at home and watching Clemson VS Georgia Tech on Dish..... It looks like we will be taking up an invitation to check out the game on DirecTV.  We just recenly upgraded to Hopper.  If they don't get this worked out really soon, I'm pretty sure that we will become 1st time DirecTV subscribers after having Dish for many many years.  TV choices and channels are not so great these days.  You pay for way more than you really get.   I have some really poor internet, so I cant watch online.  Not sure how many Clemson Games will be on ACCN.  DirecTV seems to know why people subscribe to satelite TV.  Its the games.  Without the games its not worth having.  Its really a shame that these TV networks feel like they have to charge poeple for content when they bombard you with relentless paid advertising at the same time  These networks make tons of money and every game that comes on contains 1/3 advertising or more.

@AccFan wrote:

The communities of programming suggestions and channels & Packaging are filled with requestss to carry the ACC Network which will be launched 8-22-19; however, there have been only a few 'responses' by Dish Employees with any kind of information other than they would 'pass along our requests'.  Ok, the requests  have been passed along, so what is being decided?  It would be nice if we could find out some concrete information and not just a 'pacifier' of words.

@AccFan wrote: