4 CW Channels and not one in HD

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 4 CW Channels and not one in HD

Chadt41411
Casting Director
That is a sub channel. Most sub channels will not be in HD. NPG only owns the CBS, Fox, and Telemundo, in addition to the CW, FYI.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
^^^^^
CW is not a sub channel. It is a prime channel in 1080HD In the Tampa viewing area, it is WTOG 44-1 and they have their own sub channel 44-2 Decades 480SD No sub channels are HD

Chadt41411
Casting Director
d4g4m wrote:
^^^^^
CW is not a sub channel. It is a prime channel in 1080HD In the Tampa viewing area, it is WTOG 44-1 and they have their own sub channel 44-2 Decades 480SD No sub channels are HD

That was about Palm Springs...

crodrules
Costume Designer
SpartyGuy wrote:
I have to say a longtime DISH subscriber this is just flat out unacceptable. I live in Grand Rapids, MI area and have the same issue. How a major network like CW is not available in HD is beyond me. My kids also want Disney XD in HD. For crying out loud, i pay over $150/mo on my DISH bill. Customer Svc can quote, superstations, regulations, and this or that being grandfathered...but what it comes down to is them not serving your customer...ie ME. At some point customers, will just decide that we can stream most of the programming we want elsewhere and to heck with the major cable companies and satellite providers. WAKE UP DISH!!!

Yes, you can stream CW elsewhere, and it is completely free: cwtv.com

crodrules
Costume Designer
Chadt4141 wrote:
Lastly, Disney XD. It is available on Dish in HD. You can download the content free on demand. I also believe you get access to the free streaming app for Disney. Since already comfortable with streaming, it would make sense to use that with your Dish login.

Disney XD (along with some other Disney-owned channels) is available through the menu on the Dish receiver under Apps, listed as "More Video Services." The App tends to have entire seasons and other episodes that are not available through the regular Dish VOD menu, and no login is required.
Highlighted

otto38dd
Character Actor
crodrules wrote:
Chadt4141 wrote:
Lastly, Disney XD. It is available on Dish in HD. You can download the content free on demand. I also believe you get access to the free streaming app for Disney. Since already comfortable with streaming, it would make sense to use that with your Dish login.

Disney XD (along with some other Disney-owned channels) is available through the menu on the Dish receiver under Apps, listed as "More Video Services." The App tends to have entire seasons and other episodes that are not available through the regular Dish VOD menu, and no login is required.

Actually, the Disney XD VOD app has limited series available and does not have complete seasons for all shows. See any Marvel show or MechX4.

otto38dd
Character Actor
crodrules wrote:

Yes, you can stream CW elsewhere, and it is completely free: cwtv.com

But you know, the stream is not HD or 5.1. Thus, it defeats the purpose of owning a Hopper3 and a very nice sound system.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
And that is where Disney XD comes in for the Disney app. As a dish subscriber you get full access to it. As far as CW, it’s a sub channel in most areas which is why it won’t be HD. Try an OTA antenna.

d4g4m
Visual Engineer
A local independent channel that is part of the CW network is a prime channel in that market and broadcasts in 1080HD and have the ability of having their own sub-channels. None of the CW channels are sub-channels carried by other networks. All local CW channels can be viewed with an antenna in HD

crodrules
Costume Designer
otto38dd wrote:
Actually, the Disney XD VOD app has limited series available and does not have complete seasons for all shows. See any Marvel show or MechX4.

I did not mean every season, just every episode of the current season. Look at Marvel's Avengers: Secret Wars. The app has all of season 4 through episode 20. Compare that to going to Video On Demand > Browse By Channel > See More > Kids & Family > Disney XD > Avengers Assemble (which only has nine full episodes available). I will concede that the app occasionally has some missing episodes, but the missing episodes show up again eventually if you keep checking back (or they can sometimes be found in the regular VOD, which means you still have to check both places) and in any event, the selection through the app is still better (not to mention faster and easier to find) than the regular VOD.