cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

fraudulent charges

jarrodbirney
Extra
Like a lot of dish customers I recently had my bill adjusted due to the loss of HBO. My old bill was $110 a month. After the adjustment my new bill was $95. I was assured the "customer service professional" that this would be my new monthly payment for the duration of my contract. I was charged $95 for my monthly service exactly one time. My new bill I just reviewed is now $101...with absolutely no explanation of where that extra 6 buck charge is for or why my "promised" new bill total of $95 no longer applies. It isn't even the money...6 bucks won't get you much of anything these days...it's the never ending and underhanded scams dish throws at you on a monthly basis. They used to be a pretty good company...but judging by the majority of comments out here? That is no longer the case. Verizon is currently laying their lines for Vios in my town. I can't wait for their service to become available to me. I am through with dish and their money grubbing ways. I hope one prospective customer reads this and decides to take their business elsewhere. Dish will learn that constantly screwing over customers who've been with them for years is not really a good business model to follow. I can't wait to say good riddance to these charlatans.
4 Replies

Re: fraudulent charges

d4g4m
Visual Engineer

Fraudulent charges? Wait until you get your first bill from FIOS to see fraudulent charges. Be sitting when you open the envelope.

DISH Employee

Good morning, jarrodbirney. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us! This is certainly not the experience we want our customers to have. I would love to personally look over your account to check what is happening to the price. Can you send me a private message with your phone number and 4-digit pin? 

Here is a link with steps on how to send a PM: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

codynm
Costume Designer

Same here. Had a gaurenteed 2 year price, that every month since has gon3 e up by$6 a month, and Dish never explains why.

DISH Employee

I'm happy to take a look at your billing to see what's going on, Codynm! Please Private Message me so we can check.

The price guarantee covers the core programming, not the entire bill, so if a movie is rented that will change the amount due on the next due date.

You can view step-by-step instructions on how to send a PM here: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039