fraudulent charges

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fraudulent charges

connie211
Extra

I recently began to help my mother sort through her bills and begin paying the past due ones. She has dementia and forgets to do so. I found her dish bill and it looked very high. She had a package full of channels she dind't watch, so we changed that and got it down quite a bit.

I did find one issue though that should be addressed, though it is probably to late to do so. A few months ago they had a new roof put on their house, so the technician had to come out and re-aim the dish. While he was there he told her that she needed a new surge protector because the one she had was old and not big enough (which was true). He said he thought he had one on his truck he could bring in and if so, he would just add it to the bill. Otherwise, he would have one sent to her. I was there for the conversation but never thought any more about it. Now it's several months later and I see that she was charged $29.99 for a surge protector that she never received. The technician didn't have one on the truck, so he was going to have it sent to her.  Nothing like that ever showed up.  I can verify this, because I bring her mail. I wish I had checked her bills earlier, now she just gets to eat the $29.99.

SHAME ON YOU MR. TECHNICIAN AND DISH FOR TAKING ADVANTAGE OF A DISABLED PERSON!

1 Reply
Highlighted

Re: fraudulent charges

DISH Employee

connie211, that is definitely something that we would like to look into and see what we can do to get this fixed for your mother. Please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit Pin on the account so I can look into this for you.  

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039