charged for program we did not order

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for program we did not order

eveculley
Extra
We are NOT sports people as anyone who knows us can attest to. In fact, we go out of our way to not have sports on at all on the tv. Got our current bill and there is a $60 charge for a UFC game. I am not sure what the heck that is but I KNOW we did not order it! I spent 20 min. on the phone with C/S only to be told there is nothing we can do about it. Hubby, thought he could do something so he called. Dish says they can not tell how long we watched the program. Hubby said, "That's because we did not watch it!" Basically, we were told to bad, so sad. Since we are on auto withdraw to get a price break they will take the money and we can suck a lemon. ARG!!
5 Replies

Re: charged for program we did not order

stile99
Cinematographer
Do you have parental controls turned on, to where a code is required to make purchases?

wvricky2
Costume Designer
This is the reason I detest AutoPay. The customer has no power to stop the unfairly charged amount from being collected by DISH. It would be the same for DIRECTV. 24 month contracts are bad enough. Combined with AutoPay, it is double trouble.

hddn
Visual Engineer
I run autopay to a credit card, so if Dish ever charged me for something I didn't order I would just dispute the charge. (This is not meant to imply that Dish ever has done that to me.)

wvricky2
Costume Designer
That is the smart thing . Use a credit card. It can still be a hassle. But is better, of course. If you are using a checking account because you have no credit card, lottsa luck.

DISH Employee
eveculley wrote:
We are NOT sports people as anyone who knows us can attest to. In fact, we go out of our way to not have sports on at all on the tv. Got our current bill and there is a $60 charge for a UFC game. I am not sure what the heck that is but I KNOW we did not order it! I spent 20 min. on the phone with C/S only to be told there is nothing we can do about it. Hubby, thought he could do something so he called. Dish says they can not tell how long we watched the program. Hubby said, "That's because we did not watch it!" Basically, we were told to bad, so sad. Since we are on auto withdraw to get a price break they will take the money and we can suck a lemon. ARG!!

We'd be happy to review your account. Please private message one of us in green to review your account.