Sneaky price increase

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sneaky price increase

stsaf
Extra
So I get a flyer from Dish that, on it's cover, looks like more junk advertising. But instead of tossing it unopened as I usually do, for some reason I opened it only to discover it's an official notice that rates are increasing another $5 per month. Again. They just raised rates $5 a few months ago. What a joke. Dish just got a huge tax break from the federal government. Based on my armchair review of the financial statements, Dish should be reducing our billings by 15-28%. Talk about getting screwed.
Tags (1)
3 Replies

Re: Sneaky price increase

hddn
Visual Engineer
Heh heh. Don't hold your breath waiting to be trickled down on.

Are you sure the "few" months wasn't more like 12? Seems like they normally happen in January.

hddn
Visual Engineer
By the way, on a more serious note, (most) corporate taxes are on profits, not gross receipts, and the profit levels I see for Dish (just googling around) are in the 5-10% range. So just doing a back of the envelope calculation, the change in the fed tax rate might have had a 1%ish effect on Dish prices, which could have easily disappeared into the increases that content providers keep requesting.

Mlbaker71
Extra
I've been with them for years and had to agree to some 2 year thing a while back so my price would stay the same every month. Now it will cost me $320 for early cancellation plus whatever my existing bill is plus whatever the neck else these crooked s.o.b.s want to charge a disabled person like myself for the receiver. Now I can't even cancel being on a fixed income. The janky a## carp sure gets old after a while.