Protect Silver Video Charge

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Protect Silver Video Charge

tshie27
Extra
During a review of my Dish billing i discovered that I was getting billed for a service I did not request. The " Protect Silver Video" service appeared on the last 19 billing cycles and because the account is on autopay it was not noticed. Can I apply for a refund of the service?
7 Replies

Re: Protect Silver Video Charge

peggyrh
Associate Producer
That's the monthly charge for the Protection Plan (you should have removed it when your trial period expired, like the free movies trial). You can go into your account & turn it off anytime.

https://www.mydish.com/support/services/dish-protect

tshie27
Extra
I turned it off once I saw it. Point is that Dish shouldn't have added to my account without asking if I wanted it. If it was a trial item Dish should have turned it off if I didn't opt in.

stile99
Cinematographer
tshie27 wrote:
I turned it off once I saw it. Point is that Dish shouldn't have added to my account without asking if I wanted it. If it was a trial item Dish should have turned it off if I didn't opt in.

They didn't add it.

[url:1fewl0tc]http://www.dish.com/downloads/legal/protection-plan.pdf[/url:1fewl0tc]

"Can this Plan be cancelled? You may cancel this Plan at any time by calling [1-800-333-DISH (3474)]. New DISH Subscribers: If You cancel this Plan within the first [180] days after activation of Your DISH Network account, You will not be charged the Purchase Price and any applicable new subscriber credits for the Plan will end. If You cancel after [180] days of activation of Your DISH Network account, the Purchase Price paid by You is fully earned and You will not receive a refund or credit."

I too just noticed this "Dish Protect" charge on my bill.

You have to watch your DN bill like a hawk.  They'll switch things, modify services and include opt-out only services like no other company I've seen.

Hmmm... how much would comcast cable TV cost me ... lets take look.

DISH Employee

monster-grendel, we can understand the frustration when an offer starts to charge full price and changes your monthly rate. You can schedule many offers to end at the end of the promotional period. You can set this up through your Mydish.com account under the My Programming Section or on a connected Hopper 10 days after receiving the offer.

If you have questions or concerns about any offer on your account, please let us know! We are here to help!

JHARRISON77
Extra
I, like you, autopay and haven’t scrutinized my bills, because my bill usually varies due to movie rentals.
But I recently discovered the same charge on my past bills. My husband set up the service, so I was not aware this was an optional service/fee. I would have canceled it at the same time I cancelled my movie pack had I known.
The reason I am responding to your post (and why I recently scrutinized my last two years of bills) is the spike in my bill after my two year contract expired. I wanted to warn you because the number of bills and time frame seemed similar to mine. My bill increased about $30.

JHARRISON77
Extra
I, like you, autopay and haven’t scrutinized my bills, because my bill usually varies due to movie rentals.
But I recently discovered the same charge on my past bills. My husband set up the service, so I was not aware this was an optional service/fee. I would have canceled it at the same time I cancelled my movie pack had I known.
The reason I am responding to your post (and why I recently examined my last two years of bills) is the spike in my bill after my two year contract expired. I wanted to warn you because the number of bills and time frame seemed similar to mine. My bill increased about $30.