Price quote not honored

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price quote not honored

vintage37
Extra
Called and changed my equipment and service. I was quoted a price as the full amount per month plus tax when I received my bill it was $21.00 higher than I was quoted. When I called customer service about it they said they could do nothing about it except for me to cancel some of the equipment and send it back to them to get the cost down to what I was quoted. Sounds like the old bait and switch game! As a customer of many years I thought Dish would honor their quote but obviously I was mistaken!
Tags (4)
9 Replies

Re: Price quote not honored

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Sounds like your quote was for programming only (it's usually with only one standard receiver) - extra equipment and dvr service is added to that and costs more.

vintage37
Extra
It was not for programming only!!! It was programming and equipment. I asked is this the cost for everything and the rep said Yes. The last rep told me the only way to get the cost back to what I was quoted was to send back part of the equipment and cancel their maintenance program.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
check the service date, bill usually is prorated for partial month of prior service and then they add the changes in your new package for the next month, it's always more than you think it should be because it's for more than a month of service.

DISH Employee
If you'd like me to look into this with you, please send me a Private Message with your phone or account number, as well as your 4-digit PIN.

vintage37
Extra
The first month of the change was the higher bill. I can accept that. This was the second month and the bill was what it was going to be for every month.

Sf
Extra
I am having the same trouble. Renewed contract at a quote of 65$ for programming and equipment. Then the tried to charge 96$+ changed and down graded again quoted 67 $ all in now I get a bill for 84 $. This is the worse company ever. Warn every one to stay away crooked as all get out.

DISH Employee

Hi, Sf! Can you send me a Private Message so I can review your account with you and see what's going on with your billing? 

Sf
Extra
Pamela what would you like to know.
I called in on 7-16 talked to a real nice lady who put me in a package that was 59. Per month DVR and locals excluded 5$ more for the extra tv. Told me I had to downgrade my equipment and sent someone out to do that. Then I get notice my bill would be 100$ a month. I call they tell me they dont do anything for returning customers to bad pay the bill . Lied when she said multiple times there was no supervisor and that they couldn't or wouldn't help me if they were there. Finally got a supervisor who once again said returning customers dont get any package discounts and made me down grade my service again and said it was only good for 3 months. Well last months bill was down but this month coming has gone from all in at 67$ to 84$ . I am still being charged for upgraded equipment I do not have. As far as I am concerned there is no contract when you keep saying one thing and then charging way more. You are welcome to call me 254 203 1154.

DISH Employee

You posted your personal information publicly, so we ask that you please delete that post for your security. We are a web-based team and won't be able to call, but would gladly assist you in a Private Message. 

To send a private message:

1. Sign in to the community.
  2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
  3. Click Compose New Message.
  4. Enter the recipient's name in the Send to area.
  5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
  6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
  7. Click Send Message.