cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Price increases and no benefits

Jsherlock
Extra
Been with dish for 6 years, 2 yr. Contract expiration, and prices increase by $20 -$40/month, no perks for existing customers, have been told that renegotiation always results in paying more, that no offers are available at this time or given the speech about reducing program packaging do i need to cancel and start as a new customer to be treated with any benefit?
4 Replies

Re: Price increases and no benefits

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You just came off a benefit. Credits are not meant long term, and it sounds like they have given quite a few loyalty credits.

codynm
Audio Engineer

Short answer, Yes.

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

I can tell you from personal experience that when you call to cancel service you will likely be offered an immediate reduced rate in order to stay. This happened when I left DISH and went to Directv 13 years ago and it happened when I left Directv two months ago to return to DISH. In both cases my reply was "too late, the replacement has already been installed." HOWEVER, a year before I left Directv I engaged an agent with my concerns about the spiraling increases in the monthly fees (close to $200 in 2017 for the equivalent of DISH's America's Everything Pack) and threatened to leave. After spending 30 minutes assuring that agent that removing some of the premium movie channels or otherwise switching to a lower cost package was not going to do it, I was handed off to another customer loyalty rep who gave me a discount for one year. If customer service at Directv had not tanked so badly along with problems for Directv DVR receivers having to deal with with ATT-Uverse updates integrated by the parent company (ATT) I might have remained with Directv. I came back to DISH knowing that HBO had been lost already and that it might take a long time to get it back and I didn't care. Remaining with ATT/Directv was not worth giving myself to the Dark Side of the Force. It sounds like your monthly increase has not gone up as much as Directv. 

DISH Employee

We definitely appreciate our loyal customers such as yourself. Your bill should not increase by the dollar amount that you mentioned unless there were credits offered to the account that had ended. I'd be pleased to evaluate the account t see what options are available to you. Can you please provide me with your phone number, and 4-digit security pin in a private message so that I may access your account?