Price Lock Guarantee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Lock Guarantee

paulab
Extra
I was wondering if anyone else has encountered the same problem I have with the 2 year Price Lock Guarantee. I signed up last year in January when they were having the promotion for $49.99 with a 2 year price lock guarantee and a free year of Netflix. So I get to Feb of 2017, and my bill goes up $5. I'm kind of annoyed, so I call them. Turns out that I am not in a price lock guarantee. I said I surely am, that's what I agreed to on the phone when I signed up and the only reason I didn't go with Comcast when we moved because I get internet through them. He argued with me, so I pull up my contract that I signed when the installer came out. Sure enough, they put me in a two year contract, but the price is not guaranteed. Even worse is that they then informed me that the bill was going to go up another $35 a month when my first year was up in March. I argued with them that why would I join when the price lock was in place only to pay the same amount, but only get it for one year. They couldn't explain that, but said that my contract said the discounts were only good for one year. He said I should have caught that, and also caught it on my bill. Well of course I don't get bills in the mail, I signed up for autopay, so I don't really look at them. He said I should have called them as soon as I got my first bill. I told them I agreed that I signed the contract, but I also informed them that I didn't realize they were trying to screw me over. I didn't realize that was the way they did business. And of course when the installer is there, he just says sign here here, and it populates your signature in all the boxes. They don't really give you a chance to look over the contract. And again, why would I assume they would bait me with a 2 year price guarantee only to not give it to me. I've talked on internet chat, then to a regular rep, and they even gave me the number for the office of the president which I called, and they all said screw you, we got you for another year. Yeah, well guess what guys, I've had your service for 6 years because I like it, but I'm ready to pay the early termination fee and be done with you forever. And I'm only 36 years old, so you're missing about 40 potential years of my being a subscriber. Not only that, I used to get people to sign up for Dish Network, now I'm going to do everything to dissuade people from joining.
1 Reply

Re: Price Lock Guarantee

Chadt41411
Casting Director
The price lock and the 12 month credit are very similar price wise. The price lock you pay more but the price remains the same on your programming for 2 years. The 12 month credit, you pay significantly less, but only for 1 year.