Price Increase

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Price Increase

This price increase is total removed. If anything your price should be going down. There is little, if any product support. There has been very little programming changes. I do not see any effort outside of trying to increase customer base. New customers get all types of special benefits whereas old time customers are just blown off. I have a good mind to switch to Direct.

Please refrain from swearing and keep this forum family friendly. -Matt G.

9 Replies

Re: Price Increase

NYDutch
Audio Engineer
Before you switch, take a good look at the DTV forums. You'll see pretty much the same complaints, including about price increases.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Qualifying existing customers actually get the 2 year price lock for a new contract... just like new customers.

Macjackson
Character Actor
Who qualifies as a qualifying existing customer? I renewed last year and they allowed me to go into a new 2-year contract with the flex plan. And now I see my rate is going up 2 bucks. Just curious?
I am on my last year with Dish and I do mean last since by next Aug I will no longer need Dish.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Quite a few people. You can check the other forum at satelliteguys.us to see quite a few that took advantage of it. It wasn’t hard to qualify, although that may have tightened down some since then. It’s been going on for awhile.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Flex plan didn't have an increase, but the locals went from $10 to $12. If you were under a price lock your account should show a $2 credit for that so you won't have an increase - maybe it was for something else?

12sixpac
Extra
I agree. It’s a joke. Look at the Hopper advertisements. They offer cheaper deals and equipment rentals then long time customers. It’s a slap in the face to existing customers. Like we can’t see what they offer. We should get same deal. Or even better deal just for staying with Dish when prices are increased. I mean. They increase price for customers. Then offer better deals to pick up new customers. It’s a shame that Dish has such little respect or care for older customers.

12sixpac
Extra
The only way exsisting customers get a price lock or better deal is to call and complain or threaten to leave. When I upgraded to the Hopper. I was gonna be charged a good bit for upgrade and been with Dish over 10 yrs. They then like now was offering free instillation and such for new customers. I threatened to leave. That’s how I got mind. Dish claimed old customers where suppose to get the same offers. I know a lot of customers new and old. And it’s NEVER been offered to exsinting customers.

SNLUCY
Extra
My bill jumped$10 this month and I would like to know why. Did anyone else get this increase??

DISH Employee

I would be happy to take a look at your billing and see what is causing the change, SNLUCY. Can you send me a PM with the phone number and 4 digit Pin so I can access your account?

To send a Private Message:
1. Make sure you are signed into the Communities page.
2. Click the message count or envelope icon to go to your Private Messages Inbox.
3. Click Compose New Message.
4. Enter the recipient's name (JasmineD) in the Send to area.
5. Enter the subject for the message in the Message Subject area.
6. Type the reply in the Message Body editor.
7. Then click Send Message