cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Price Increase !!

jsdvis
Costume Designer
Well here we go again. I received a notice today that the price increase is going up $5 per month. I have been a long time customer for about 10 years and I never get a price break. When will it end. I guess when I either cut the cord or go to another provider. I know the cost of doing business goes up but when will a long time loyal customer get a break??
6 Replies

Re: Price increase

hddn
Visual Engineer
Yes, if you go to a new provider, you'll be a new customer there so you'll get a year or two of discounts, then you'll pay regular prices. They all do it this way. So you pay full price or you move a lot. The choice is yours.

While customers call themselves "loyal", I think the industry considers them to be complacent or full of inertia.

Re: Price Increase !!

cindy110
Extra

Try again.  Mine is going up 20.00 a month. 

cindy110
Extra

I'm thinking about going back to Comcast since I already have internet and basic channels with them.  I can get the same a lot cheaper with internet.

@jsdvis wrote:
Well here we go again. I received a notice today that the price increase is going up $5 per month. I have been a long time customer for about 10 years and I never get a price break. When will it end. I guess when I either cut the cord or go to another provider. I know the cost of doing business goes up but when will a long time loyal customer get a break??

DISH Employee

We understand price increases can be frustrating. This was a tough decision on our part, but, like all other pay TV providers, we must increase our prices to help cover our increasing programming costs that we pay to the channel owners. 

We do not actually own the channels we provide. Thus, when the channel owners increase their prices, costs go up. We absorb some of these increasing costs, but unfortunately some gets passed on to our customers. 

We certainly don't want to see anyone leave our DISH Family. If you'll send a Private Message with your account/phone number and 4 digit security code, we can review your account to see what options are available to keep you with programming you'll enjoy at a rate you're comfortable with. 

Here are the steps for sending a Private Message: 

https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

mc22958
Extra

You are missing the point.  The point is we have many other options to get our TV service and by increasing the price, especially on long term customers, year after year it grades on us.  Why do you not give a loyalty discount?  You are going to be surprised when you start loosing a bunch of accounts.  The tipping point is almost here.  If you calculate the cost to get new customers you might realize it is cheaper to just keep what you have.  My tipping point has arrived.

DISH Employee

Mc22958, we absolutely appreciate our loyal, long time customers! I would be more than happy to review your account to see what options we have available for you. Please send me a Private Message with the phone number and 4 digit PIN on your account so that I can access your account.