Old Customer - Wants New pricing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Customer - Wants New pricing

rsttoole
Extra
My current contract expired a year ago. I see that my current rate is now about $19/month higher than what I could get for a two year contract as a new customer.

How do I get my bill reduced the $19 for the same service that I currently have?

Happy to cancel and resubscribe if that's the way the game is played.
Tags (3)
12 Replies

Re: Old Customer - Wants New pricing

DISH Employee
Can you send a private message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can review your account?

Donna68
Extra
Totally agree with "rsttoole". Have been a customer since 2012. I'm not liking the 2018 price increase. As soon as there is a break in the weather, bye, bye Dish.

oldfarmer
Extra

I would like the same program, where a new user gets reduced rates for a contract of two years. Costs this company way more to get a new user than it would to keep an old.
Have been with this company since 2005 and now get a notice rates are going up! WhatMod Edit: Please refrain from using strong language Think I can get enough people to join me in the protest of increasing rates or to just get them to cancel service with Dish with social media.
Most programming is re-runs of old movies we’ve all seen 20x or more. The benefit of Dish is loosing its appeal. Just pay your upper mgmt. a little less, because that’s what you’ll have to do once we all get pissed enough to leave Dish. Watch your stockholders leave at first dip in the market.

David Olson

Community Manager
Community Manager
Feel free to contact myself or any of the moderators in green for assistance via a private message regarding your monthly rate.

Basically all I have to say that at almost $200 a month your programming is nothing to write home about. I am really tired of getting the same song and dance from the CEO who claims that the networks are pushing the prices up!! Really, doesn't sound to me as though DISH understands how to negotiate. Then again my bill has gone up every year! Tell you what I think I will just shut off the crappy service, pay a lot less to my MIL and keep the Netflix. I can see what I want without paying $200 a month. SO SORRY but none of the other satellite people are doing this. I have checked. I have been a long time customer, let see it has been probably 20 years maybe more. I am seriously thinking of calling and cancelling. This is not okay! I did not get a pay increase and the chances of my monthly salary increasing ...hmmmm $0. So why is it that the big companies seem to believe that it is okay to screw the customer??? You all should be ashamed of yourself. The only people getting great deals are the employees, or your out offering your bribe to someone new and getting freebies. Sorry I don't work for you nor should I have to sell your product just to benefit my end product. You are getting as bad as the oil industry. GREED. That is purely what this is about. I hope more people cancel. The only breaks you give is to new customers then you scam them into a contract!@ Such garbage. Plus the bill arrives and I have less than 3 days to mail, forcing me to use a credit/debit card which by the way it is illegal to store my number. I have never ever given written permission to do so. Believe me another violation from DISH. Can't say I will be sorry to see your equipment removed from my home. Come and pick it up it will be laying on the porch!!

stile99
Cinematographer
ForeverCustomer wrote:
SO SORRY but none of the other satellite people are doing this. I have checked.

No you didn't.

[url:2fonl7ae]https://tvanswerman.com/2017/12/05/directv-raising-prices-in-january-2018/[/url:2fonl7ae]

[url:2fonl7ae]https://www.att.com/esupport/article.html#!/directv/KM1240211[/url:2fonl7ae]

[url:2fonl7ae]https://www.fiercecable.com/operators/directv-set-for-price-hikes-2018[/url:2fonl7ae]

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Both satellite companies raise prices in January, happens almost every year. It's nothing new.

hddn
Visual Engineer
ForeverCustomer wrote:
I am really tired of getting the same song and dance from the CEO who claims that the networks are pushing the prices up!! Really, doesn't sound to me as though DISH understands how to negotiate.

Every time a channel goes off Dish for a few days to negotiate, people start threads accusing Dish of negotiating too hard. As for the Greed stuff, they don't look all that profitable whenever I look.

Akswaggert
Extra
I totally agree we have benn with dish since 2004