New Customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Customer

I was recently moving and was recommended by my daughter to get dish. Unfortunately I didn't get the same experience she did. After 2 days of installing dish I had to put the account on pause since I was no longer moving to that place. I was told nothing was going to change. So I got my new bill for $300. The package I had got was for 54.99 plus hbo free for a year and 3 months of the other movie channels. When I called in they told me since I put it on pause i lost everything and now paying 59.99 plus 10.00 for local channels and I lost all the free movie channels. If I would had known all that I will had just cancelled dish completly at that time instead. I really like Dish but unfortunately I didnt get what promised.
12 Replies

Re: New Customer

DISH Employee
Please send us a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN to better assist.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Lasolitaria58 wrote:
I was recently moving and was recommended by my daughter to get dish. Unfortunately I didn't get the same experience she did. After 2 days of installing dish I had to put the account on pause since I was no longer moving to that place. I was told nothing was going to change. So I got my new bill for $300. The package I had got was for 54.99 plus hbo free for a year and 3 months of the other movie channels. When I called in they told me since I put it on pause i lost everything and now paying 59.99 plus 10.00 for local channels and I lost all the free movie channels. If I would had known all that I will had just cancelled dish completly at that time instead. I really like Dish but unfortunately I didnt get what promised.

Would have been $480 if you cancelled at that time anyways.

bcsmyers1
Extra
I too am a new customer..... now we can't get NBC..... my favorite shows are on this channel. "This Us", Saturday Night Live, The tonight show, and Days of our Lives.... which I have watched since I was a child.
My husband is livid. I wanted to cancel service since we have only had the account for 17 days. I was told that it would cost me over $400.00 to cancel this service.

There is a disclosure on the statement the talks about being charged for "If you the aggregate amount listed does not accurately reflect the commitment price you agree to, DISH will, at its discretion either honor the agreed price or cancel your service without assessing an early termination fee" but apparently they will not honor.

Again, I've only been a customer for 17 days and apparently I am trapped in a 2 year contract...... there needs to be an get to know you period of 30 days to make sure we are happy and getting what was actually agreed upon.......

I too have been promised channels that I am paying for and NOT getting. . I was mistaken and thought Survivor was on there..... I don't have a clue why this show didn't record the passed two weeks, so now I'm behind. And the Hopper is recording shows we don't even watch.

This is the worst system I have ever used.

DISH Employee
We know and understand how much this impacts you - friends & family. Regarding NBC, when contracts come to an end, we negotiate new agreements, and the vast majority of the time you never hear about them. But sometimes channel owners demand an increase that’s much more than what they’ve ever received before – and all for the exact same channels. We believe it’s our responsibility to take a stand and protect you from excessive increases to your bill.

The locals belong to a group that is not consumer friendly. This is happening not just with Dish, but with all providers. We are continually working around the clock , very hard for you, to reach a reasonable agreement.

Regarding your Hopper recording concerns and programming needs, please private message your account/phone and 4 digit PIN. I am happy to review your account.

00sterhoff
Character Actor
Sorry for the problems. I started with Dish last October and was given the 2 year price lock guarantee. Before signing up, I also asked about being gone for the summer. I was told $5 a month and there was no mention that this would knock out the price guarantee. So, now I have called and stated I would leave the end of this month and was told that I would no longer have the price guarantee!!!!!! I was on the phone with 5 different agents and was told to cancel the contract would cost $380, even though DISH is the one who didn't honor what I signed up for!!! Of course, I got tons of apologies and was even told they couldn't look back when I signed up and talked to 2 different agents,so, they may have well said I was lying!!!! I told all of them I would never have signed up with them if I knew this!!! It didn't matter because now I am under contract and they are the ones that have lied!!!!! THEY DON'T CARE AND I HOPE THAT THROUGH WORD OF MOUTH FROM ALL OF THE DISGRUNTLED CUSTOMERS, THAT THEY LOOSE BUSINESS!!! I will continue to write and speak to everyone I can about them and how all of us are treated!!!!! :evil: :o

There is a disclosure on the statement the talks about being charged for "If you the aggregate amount listed does not accurately reflect the commitment price you agree to, DISH will, at its discretion either honor the agreed price or cancel your service without assessing an early termination fee" but apparently they will not honor.

Just saw this above!! Why don't they have to honor this? We are expected to honor our end, but when they don't it's OK?????

We are sorry for any trouble caused. Going on Pause does forfeit any offers that you are receiving and also time spent on Pause does not count towards any commitment on the account.
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

00sterhoff
Character Actor
Matt G wrote:
We are sorry for any trouble caused. Going on Pause does forfeit any offers that you are receiving and also time spent on Pause does not count towards any commitment on the account.

That is not what I was told!!!!! I was on the phone over 1 1/2 hours yesterday, 5 people and even the "office of the president" and was told all benefits would be gone and I would pay in full!!!!!! Again, I would never have signed up for Dish as I was looking for the locked in rate for 2 years. Where did you get your info? All I get is "I'm sorry you were misinformed, but you will loose all the discounts!"

Chadt41411
Casting Director
00sterhoff wrote:
Matt G wrote:

That is not what I was told!!!!! I was on the phone over 1 1/2 hours yesterday, 5 people and even the "office of the president" and was told all benefits would be gone and I would pay in full!!!!!! Again, I would never have signed up for Dish as I was looking for the locked in rate for 2 years. Where did you get your info? All I get is "I'm sorry you were misinformed, but you will loose all the discounts!"

It says that all promotions and credits will be forfeited in the service agreement.
Highlighted

hddn
Visual Engineer
00sterhoff wrote:
[Where did you get your info?

For what it's worth, I googled Dish pause and got: " DISH Pause: Available for accounts in good standing with no past due balance. Applicable promotional credits will be forfeited. Applicable term commitment will be extended by the length of time the account is paused. Account will resume with the previous programming level."

I don't mean to suggest that you're supposed to like the answer, but the info is out there.