NCTUE Letter from Dish

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NCTUE Letter from Dish

janisnsc
Extra

I see that I am not alone after just receiving a letter from Dish stating that I, too, do not qualify for their "best offer." This after Dish begged us to reinstate our service! My husband and I both have credit scores over 800. In the past our Dish service was in his name; this time (out of convenience), it was reinstated under my name. I never heard of NCTUE but I should have followed my initial instincts and gone to another service provider.

Tags (1)
6 Replies

Re: NCTUE Letter from Dish

DISH Employee

As a valued customer, we always try to get you the best possible offer and attempt qualification at the highest level first. Despite not qualifying for the initial plan, we did get you set up with the best you qualified for. We are required to send out a letter any time a qualification is denied outlining the reasons why. Since the letter is from the NCTUE, we do not control the wording and apologize for any confusion. We are required to send this letter to any customers who don't qualify for the highest-tier plan we offer (DHA 24 Elite)
Receiving this letter does not mean you have "bad" credit. The reasons you did not qualify for the highest-tier plan are provided on the letter itself.

ronalddex
Extra

First of all using an abbreviation in a letter without identifing what is means is a poor business practice.  What I learned was when an abbreviantion is first used it should be followed by the full wording of what the abbrevation is.  i.e. NCTUE (National Consumer Telecom Utility Exchange).  While researching NCTUE I found that it was started by AT&T(you all know who they are).  AT&T is the owner of Direct TV a compitor of Dish.  Why is the NCTUE allowed to deny service provided by Dish, when they are in compition with Dish?  

jwko
Extra

I received one of the above mentioned letters today. They informed me that I did not qualify for the best offer and so on. I cancelled DirecTV on the last day of October and signed up for Dish that same day. I got a Hopper3 and two Joeys plus free protection plan for 6 months, 5 dollars off my DVR service for 24 months, autopay 5 off x24, 2 off each joey x24, Showtime, Starz and the Movie Pack for 3 months plus 10 bucks off the Top 200 package. I think I did pretty good for someone who didn't qualify.

DISH Employee

We are glad to have you as part of our DISH family. The letter that you received simply means that, while you didn't qualify for every offer we have available, you did qualify for great programming and one of our new customer offers. 

MATT_
Extra

I received one of these letters on Christmas Eve.  Since it stated that I was denied the "best offer" based on my credit report, I grew concerned.  I pulled my credit report from all 3 reporting agencies.  Not a single late payment or any other issue reported on any of the credit reports.

I also logged into my American Express account to check my FICO score.  My FICO score is 827.  Whatever excuse DISH is using to deny their "best offer" is obviously bogus.  In addition, the return address on the letter is "DISH Network L.L.C.", so their excuse about the letter coming from NCTUE is bogus as well.

This is a very poor business practice.  These letters are making people concerned about identity theft, and DISH is obviously not using any real credit report metric to deny me a best offer.  My credit is as close to perfect as just about anyone can get.  I'm tempted to look into what agencies I might contact to file a complaint.

BethS
Extra

I just received the "NCTUE" letter from Dish.  First of all, my credit score is 850.  I'm telling the truth.  I've worked hard to get it that way.  So, the receive this letter is a shock and I am extremely concerned that something is going on that is ilegal with DISH.  The letter was dated December 24, 2018, and I received it yesterday, January 2, 2019.  Are y'all just spitting out these letters randomly?  Why wouldn't I get the best offer available?  I did not qualify?  What kind of score qualifies you.....1,000??!!!!!

I would like a letter of apology and correction from DISH sent to Equiifax, please.  Immediately.  This letter is now on my record.  I want it deleted off of my record!

I want this corrected, now.

Thank you.

Please let me know how to send y'all a private message.  This needs to be handled for all of your customers who have been sent this ridiculous letter.