cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Inappropriate charges for PPV movies

Jazz12
Extra
We were charged incorrectly for several PPV movies that we did not order or watch. We have been told that we must have ordered them (and this message from "customer service" presumes we are not being truthful) because it came from our remote, so surely we are lying. What????The simple truth is, regardless of what they say- is that we did NOT order them, or any movies ever from Dish. It is disappointing to see marketing information speak about their customer service and yet see whatever issue that did cause this not being investigated or addressed. The money was taken from OUR bank and charges are over $118. We were told how to set up blocks to hopefully prevent going forward and they offered to provide credit for one of the 11+ movies we have incorrectly paid for through automatic billing. I believe these are fraudulent business practices. We should not be expected to absorb costs ..and this is a large cost.. for something we did not have anything to do with. Why would anyone be ok with paying for something they never ordered, watched or ever accessed in any way. Appalling.
10 Replies

Re: Inappropriate charges for PPV movies

stile99
Cinematographer
Soooo...set up the blocks. Problem solved.

Jazz12
Extra
That was done for the future.
We are owed over almost $100. In false charges.

stile99
Cinematographer
You can keep spamming the same message, but you're still going to pay your bill.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Because somehow the movies were ordered via remote and are non refundable. This is also covered in your service agreement, where it even says if you do not want to be responsible for those charges that you need to setup locks. So whether you watched them or not, because it was unsecured and someone did order them, you still maintain responsibility. Chalk it up to a lesson learned.

DISH Employee
When movies are ordered through the remote, there are multiple pop ups and confirmations. We are generally unable to waive multiple PPV charges, especially certain types of PPVs, to prevent customers from taking advantage of this, which is why we promote channel locks.

koolkad707
Extra

I just got dish for the first time and found trouble with remotes unpairing themselves. We had to call coustomer service several times in the first month of getting dish network. I recieved a text about my bill the other day and we had over $160 of ppv. It seems my wife who is 69 years of age had hit buttons on remote ordered wrestlemania and several programs which included a bare nuckles fight when i was at lake for several days. The mule was ordered two time the matriark was ordered 3 times and several other duplicate shows..  I tried to explain my wife didn't order the shows but got no simpathy or understanding it was all done in error. We've only had for 1 mth or 5 weeks so far. $160 in a two week period stone cold steve austin was ordered two times also. The bill doesn't show when ordered or if it was watched even.  We.ve never had these issues before being on fixed income my wife would'nt or couldn't watch even if she wanted to.  She lays in bed and leaves tv on ????  Even the water co gives a one time relief if water is left on or a leaky pipe and not aware.  I've had for about 5 weeks and honestly the most confusing controller ive ever saw. I'll never use them again and id be happy to explain all crap.  The only reason people use is its supposebly cheaper and that is bull the way movies can be ordered needs to be fixed maybe making all ppv have to click multiple times could help but i think they like taking advantage of older people that can't see good or work computers nears as efficiantly as the younger croud..  Im going to continue and let everyone know not to try DISH SINCE THE SUCKK!!

koolkad707
Extra

koolkad707 New Member
2 seconds ago
I just got dish for the first time and found trouble with remotes unpairing themselves. We had to call coustomer service several times in the first month of getting dish network. I recieved a text about my bill the other day and we had over $160 of ppv. It seems my wife who is 69 years of age had hit buttons on remote ordered wrestlemania and several programs which included a bare nuckles fight when i was at lake for several days. The mule was ordered two time the matriark was ordered 3 times and several other duplicate shows.. I tried to explain my wife didn't order the shows but got no simpathy or understanding it was all done in error. We've only had for 1 mth or 5 weeks so far. $160 in a two week period stone cold steve austin was ordered two times also. The bill doesn't show when ordered or if it was watched even. We.ve never had these issues before being on fixed income my wife would'nt or couldn't watch even if she wanted to. She lays in bed and leaves tv on ???? Even the water co gives a one time relief if water is left on or a leaky pipe and not aware. I've had for about 5 weeks and honestly the most confusing controller ive ever saw. I'll never use them again and id be happy to explain all crap. The only reason people use is its supposebly cheaper and that is bull the way movies can be ordered needs to be fixed maybe making all ppv have to click multiple times could help but i think they like taking advantage of older people that can't see good or work computers nears as efficiantly as the younger croud.. Im going to continue and let everyone know not to try

DISH Employee

koolkad707, PPV charges can at times be frustrating especially when getting a new service. I'd be happy to walk you through on setting up Parental Controls that will require you to enter in a pass-code before moving forward: https://www.mydish.com/support/products/hopper/how-to/set-preferences/controls

If you would also like me to review the billing, please feel free to send a Private Message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

pam916
Extra

Yeah I just got off the phone with Dish, I was charged $7 PPV Adult Entertainent that was not ordered from my home or remotes, all the channels that they claimed these were ordered from I had to go to the blocked channels to find out what they were because they don't show up on any of my 3 televisions because they are blocked from every tv in the house.  There are only two 62 year old people that live here, I am the only one who knows the code, we have no children and rarely even have a visitor.  They cannot remove the charges, they cannot permanently remove all PPV channels from my account, they can however make my PPV spending $0 which I had done many moon ago and now somehow it is $250.00 so obviously that does not work and this will happen again and DISH does not care if you did not order the movies.  I mentioned the fact that there were many many complaints on their own forum from their customers about this very thing and that DISH should listen to their customers and obviously there is a problem but DISH refuses to believe the customers, all of these customers that complain are just full of it.  I never had this problem this when I had Direct TV for many years.  It is not hard to see why HBO and Cinemax have removed their channels from DISH because I am sure DISH treats them the same way they treat their customers.  If I don't want to continue to be robbed by DISH whether it is because of their crappy system or they intentionally steal from their customers I have no choice but to find another provider.  On a side note, I really did not appreciate when a couple of Thanksgivings ago, we sat down to watch the Dallas Cowboy game which has been a tradition for many many years and it was blocked from DIsh with no warning from DISh this might happen so that customers could make other arrangements to see the game.  Instead  Dish came on and asked customers to spend their Thanksgiving calling the tv network and complaining that they blocked it, THAT IS NOT THE CUSTOMER'S JOB!  IT IS NOT LIKE DISH IS CHEAP, THAT IS DISH'S JOB TO PROVIDE THE CUSTOMERS THE SERVICES THEY PROMISE THEM!