I cannot believe the customer service experience that I just had.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot believe the customer service experience that I just had.

Prozacster
Character Actor

I have been a loyal Dish Network customer for over 11 years! The experience that I have had with this company over the last two weeks has been disgusting. First, right as hockey season is starting, they are having this Fox dispute. So they agree to come out an put an OTA antenna on my roof. 

The gentleman comes out to put the antenna on the roof, and tells me that because of how the original dish person ran the cable, he would have to rip air vents off the roof to figure out how to get the cable run. Obviously, I did not want someone from Dish Network causing me to have a leaky roof. So I ask him if he can give me the NHL Center Ice package temporarily until the Fox dispute is completed. He says that he does not have the authority to do this, but that I should call in to Dish Network to ask them to do it.

Fast forward to today, when I speak to one of the most unhelpful phone representatives I have ever had the displeasure of working with. I explained the situation to the fellow on the phone and he would not do anything whatsoever.

Me: "So you are not willing to do anything for me?"

Him: "No."

Me: "Not even a couple of months, so I can watch the hockey games since you were unable to install the antenna?"

Him: "No, I will not do anything for you that is a pay for service." 

Me: "I would like to speak to your manager."

Him: "You are already speaking to a supervisor"

Me: "So there is no one else that I can talk to about this?"

Him: "No."

Really? Nothing you can do for someone that has been a loyal customer for 11 years? That means that, based on my channel selections, I have been paying approximately $125/month (some years up to $160/month, some years slightly less) for 11 years, that comes out to a minimum of $18,000 I have spent as a customer of theirs. Okay, I guess I can see why the additional $160 to get me Center Ice package would really be completely out of the question for you.

I guess it is time to see what I can do to get out of my contract with the company that I have been happy with for so long. I know that Hulu with Live TV has what I want for $45/month.

6 Replies

Re: I cannot believe the customer service experience that I just had.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Based on your math, they have profited about $1,800 on you in the last 11 years. And that is assuming that you never upgraded or asked for discounts. That $18000 that you claim, almost all of it went to the channel owners.

Prozacster
Character Actor

And where are you getting your information from for your math? 

Dpro40
Audio Engineer

Chad is the local know it all that considers himself the Spokesperson for Dish. Just ignore him. He comments on everything like he thinks everyone welcome his comments.. He's the all knowing authority.  Very annoying actually. 

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Sec dot gov

MikeSF
Audio Engineer

@Dpro40 Speak for yourself. It's good to have people like Chad speaking up when people don't seem to understand their customer agreements and/or are simply sounding off with irrational complaints. 

baldman1
Visual Engineer

@Dpro40 wrote:

Chad is the local know it all that considers himself the Spokesperson for Dish. Just ignore him. He comments on everything like he thinks everyone welcome his comments.. He's the all knowing authority.  Very annoying actually.  That's not nice. I enjoy the comments that Chad gives.