Fraudulent billing for pay-per-view

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Fraudulent billing for pay-per-view

Extra
I had the same issue with a UFC fight and I have tickets to prove we were out of town. You guys were only going to reimburse me half. I asked for a manager to call me back,never heard anything. Called again got the run around again acting like I was living. Makes me upset. I will have to change services of this does not stop and report this also.

DISH Employee

Unexpected fee's are definitely frustrating and I would love to take a look into this with you to provide you with a better resolution. To access and review your account with you, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code.

Here are the steps to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
Did you have locks set up? The service agreement specifically says to have locks on the receiver, and anything ordered, you’d be responsible for if you don’t.

Leonard
Extra

Today is March 10th, 2019.  I feel your pain. I was scrolling through my guide this morning and it shows RENTED beside Creed II and The Favourite. I go to check my recent purchases, from Friday at 11pm to today, Sunday at 6:30am I supposedly have rented Creed II (All Day) 3 times, The Favourite (All Day) 3 times, Overlord (All Day) 2 times, and Bohemian Rhapsody (All Day) Once. So now I will owe about $70 or more with taxes for movies I never intended to watch or rent. I talked to Yi this morning via live chat and got the same thing, "Well, maybe you had people over that rented the movies." "Sorry, DISH understands your frustration." Its just me, my 71 year old mother I take care of (who doesn't know how to run the remote anyways) and my 27 year old nephew that is mentally handicapped who doesn't know how to use the remote either. Since then I have put parental locks on my receivers and no purchases can be made, SUPPOSEDLY. If it happens again I will be changing tv providers. I would like to sue as well. I feel like DISH has stole $70 from me because I haven't watched these movies and I never rented them. If it software issues thats totally on DISH.

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You have two people in the the home that could have done this, even though you say they don’t know how to operate the remote, doesn’t mean they weren’t using it. You admit you didn’t have locks set up, and is covered in the agreement clearly.. what would you be suing over? With two people that could use the remote, but do not have the cognizance to understand the ramifications of their actions, why wouldn’t you have put a lock on sooner?

nistone
Extra

Hi there, I'm in a very frustrating situation where I found 2 pay per view orders on my dish bill this month ($95) that we did not make and customer service refuses to reverse those charges. We have a passcode required for purchases that nobody in my house knows (I had to guess from a list of possible numbers and finally got it, we never order anything so it doesn't get used) as it's a random number that we picked. The charges were on two separate days and one of them we were not home during the time of the charge. Dish customer service said the charges came from our "remote" at home so we had to authorize the purchase and there is no way it could have happened otherwise. There is either a technical issue on their end, or our account somehow got hacked, but again the customer service rep said it came from our remote so someone would have had to broken into our house twice and successfully guessed or brute forced a 4 digit passcode that is 4 random numbers that we have no association with. I have lost all trust with Dish and at this point I want to cancel my account, but there's no way I can afford a $95 charge for PPV we didn't watch PLUS an early termination fee... 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Hello nistone. We know how frustrating it can be to see these unexpected charges, and we'd be happy to review your account and see how we can assist you today. To access and review your account with you, please send me a private message with the phone number and 4 digit security code.

Here are the steps to send a private message: https://communities.dish.com/t5/Communities-101/How-To-Send-a-Private-Message/td-p/15039