Existing customers

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Existing customers

stace2361
Extra
During the holiday season I noticed the increased advertising of promotional opportunities to subscribe to Dish and other satellite systems, but not once did I see advertising for anything other than suggestive selling of channels via free previews for existing clients. Existing clients who make Dish possible by their subscription. Wouldn't it be nice to have a "reward" system in place for the clients who make it possible to keep dish on the air? Something like a payment holiday during the holidays or a $10-$20 price break for "x months of consistently paying your bill on time, or even pay your bill on time for x months and Dish reduces your monthly charges by 10%-20% with the contingency the client continues to pay on time. My current view of the system is I'm watching new clients get all the perks while the existing get nothing. Why do new clients get a [b:x6ku8ekb]guaranteed[/b:x6ku8ekb] 2 year package fee? At the moment, Dish is advertising $15 off the regular price for 2 years for new clients. That's a minimum of $180.00/yr. I'm not looking to get something for free I'm looking at the new vs. old. If Dish can offer a reduced fee for a guaranteed 2 yrs to a new client, then why am I paying $15 more a month for the same package. Apparently, it doesn't really cost the larger price for the packages. I'll use the middle priced package, and only 1 year instead of 2 for examples sake. The new client pays 54.99/month for 1 year that's 659.88. An established client pays 69.99/month for 1 year 839.99. That's a difference of $180.00/yr more an established clients is paying. Remember earlier I said the new client saved $180.00/year. This leaves a sour thought in my mind and definitely doesn't look attractive to me. And yes, I am considering leaving. I believe in the financial world if you use someone else's money to pay for things, there is some interest involved. Why is it the accepted norm for Dish to use my money to make up the difference of their new clients promotional gain? And the big question is why am I letting them do it? It's time to go shopping for other alternatives.
3 Replies

Re: Existing customers

DISH Employee
Like all new customers, you received a new customer offer at the time of activation as well; while the specifics of the offers may change, the value of the offer stays relatively consistent. Promotions may be available for existing customer and are based off of account history. Let's review your account to let you know what promotions may be available for you today. Please send us a PM with your phone number and 4 digit PIN.

Danford
Extra
I totally agree with you stace2361, it seems to be that way with not just Dish, but cell phone, and internet service as well.
My 12 month introductory offer will expire next month, I received "The Dear John Letter" a couple of days ago. So I called to talk to someone at Dish, I want to keep the same package, and I am willing to sign another contract of commitment. However, the package I currently have is not available to me the "existing customer" at a reduced rate, they are only wining and dining the offer to new customers. What?
There is a flex plan that I can chose options from, but does not include The Golf Channel. The Golf Channel is included in America's Top 200, the plan I have but am not eligible to re-new at the discounted rate. It seriously makes me crazy that you Dish, are willing to irritate your existing customers to the point that they do not want to do business with you. You are not the company you pretended to be in the beginning of our relationship.
I was told to call back at the end of the month, once the 12 months have officially ended, to see what possibilities will be available to me.
I can't wait! :?

DISH Employee
Danford wrote:
I totally agree with you stace2361, it seems to be that way with not just Dish, but cell phone, and internet service as well.
My 12 month introductory offer will expire next month, I received "The Dear John Letter" a couple of days ago. So I called to talk to someone at Dish, I want to keep the same package, and I am willing to sign another contract of commitment. However, the package I currently have is not available to me the "existing customer" at a reduced rate, they are only wining and dining the offer to new customers. What?
There is a flex plan that I can chose options from, but does not include The Golf Channel. The Golf Channel is included in America's Top 200, the plan I have but am not eligible to re-new at the discounted rate. It seriously makes me crazy that you Dish, are willing to irritate your existing customers to the point that they do not want to do business with you. You are not the company you pretended to be in the beginning of our relationship.
I was told to call back at the end of the month, once the 12 months have officially ended, to see what possibilities will be available to me.
I can't wait! :?

For further review of your account please send a PM with your phone number and PIN.