cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Every month I have to contact Dish for my Refer a Friend

HawkpilotUSA
Character Actor

*****UPDATE JANUARY 3, 2018*****
DISH has come through in a professional and expedient manner. Thank you!

Every month I have to take the time out of my busy work schedule to remind DISH that they haven't deducted $5 off if my bill for the "refer a friend" discount.

Why is this such an issue. It's idiotic and unprofessional in this day and age of keyboard entry corrections. DISH has quite a slight of hand going here!

I don't want to recommend this service to my elderly clients because DISH can't be trusted to keep their promises. Additionally, they aren't as adept at following through with issues as me.

Maybe this is how dish saves money by hoping a certain percentage of those referring and the referred customers don't spend the time to follow-up.

I contacted my Son-in-law and he isn't receiving his $5 a month credit either.

I want this issue elevated to a senior customer representative.

I am growing tired of helping you keep your promise by reminding you each month.

Respectfully indignant,

A three month old new customer!!!

7 Replies

Re: Every month I have to contact Dish for my “Refer a Frien

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Was the refer code given at the time of sign up?

Re: Every month I have to contact Dish for my Refer a Friend

HawkpilotUSA
Character Actor

Hi Chad
The code was provided at the time of service startup. Actually spoke to a CS representative the day of receiving the code. While all of the reps have been very professional, this seems like a design by the company to retain funds by virtue of trusting or inattentive patrons hoping the company lives up to their promise. Otherwise they would just offer a one time $50 credit!!

Chadt41411
Casting Director

I have used dozens of those, so I can attest they pay out. Even received an Xbox One when they were doing that promotion. Did you make sure it was not an expired code?

HawkpilotUSA
Character Actor
Chadt4141 wrote:
I have used dozens of those, so I can attest they pay out. Even received an Xbox One when they were doing that promotion. Did you make sure it was not an expired code?

Come on Chad!! Really...expired code? Let's give a little credit where credit is due. Think about it...they have already credited my account three times due to their error...you would think that if it were something as innocuous as an expired code...we would have all known it by now! I appreciate your help and support but jeez,

Chadt41411
Casting Director

Not necessarily. They will have an escalation portal that allows a manual credit whenever someone is unhappy. I actually am 100% against how TV companies credit so much, because most customers do not deserve it. For instance, most people can call in and say I want a $10 credit for 6 months, and it would be offered without too much pushback.

DISH Employee

I would be happy to look into this refer a friend credit for you. Would you please send me a Private message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can access your account?

HawkpilotUSA
Character Actor
SamanthaF wrote:
I would be happy to look into this refer a friend credit for you. Would you please send me a Private message with your phone number and 4 digit PIN so I can access your account?

Samantha,
You have managed to accomplish what others could not!
Thank you.
I received an email asking that I sign into my account and pick my refer a friend reward.
I really appreciate your time and professionalism. Now we should make sure that my son-in-law receives his reward for bringing DISH another customer...Me!
Respectfully,
J