cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ETF Chargebacks?

sbrewer2000
Extra
I am thinking about discontinuing DISH because:
1. They promised free HBO for one year and took it off after 3 months.
2. They estimated my bill at sign up at $65 per month and it has never been less than $75 and now even without HBO it's $85 and nothing else has changed.
3. The DVR (Hopper3), that used to be really cool (Hopper), is clunky, convoluted and slow.
4. This package (America's Top 120+) absolutely blows. I have Amazon Prime and Netflix and spend most of my time watching those anyway.

Anybody have a successful dispute with their credit card company concerning the Early Termination Fees? Mine is usually very cool with it. Any time I have a dispute, they immediately refund the money, then do an investigation and eventually make it (refund) permanent.

I am going back to Comcast. At least then I will only have ONE lying, cheating company to jack me around.
7 Replies

Re: ETF Chargebacks?

stile99
Cinematographer
Dish will send the documentation showing you agreed to the ETF to the bank, they will not refund you, they will in fact charge YOU for the chargeback, and then close your account. Chargebacks cannot be used just because you don't want to pay a legit fee, they can only be used in cases of fraud. If you attempt to use one to COMMIT fraud, prepare for a lot of pain. Especially since included in the documentation to your bank will be this thread wherein you state in advance your intent to do so. Honestly, a fine and your card being canceled will be the best case scenario.

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Even if they do charge it back, you'd be sent to collections.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Since when is the Hopper 3 "clunky, convoluted and slow"? Furthermore, the Top 120+ package is the same as when you signed up for service; your excuses to cancel aren't even logical. Face it, you're locked into your contract, lower your package to the minimum channels if you hardly watch & let the contract run out.

sbrewer2000
Extra
DISH committed fraud by lying about the prices when I signed up. They can pull the recordings if they need to. You guys like taking it (moderator edited for language) form companies that lie to your face, that's your prerogative.

I have a platinum card and a score well over 800. I am confident I will be getting the ETF refunded. Put me on collections? Big deal, I will dispute that as well.

I'll let you know what happens! :)

Chadt41411
Casting Director
Again, you can dispute it, but the signed legal documents are what will be submitted. That 800 credit score becomes 700 real easy.

stile99
Cinematographer
sbrewer2000 wrote:
I have a platinum card and a score well over 800.

I'll let you know what happens! :)

Not for long. Please, do keep us posted.

Community Manager
Community Manager
This thread has been locked as it has run it's course and OP has been contacted regarding the issue.