Dish protect being changed without approval

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dish protect being changed without approval

rainwadj
Character Actor
I have to agree with what others have said here: I'd like to have Dish Protect without the EZshield add-on. Identity theft protection seems like a weird side business for Dish to be getting into, and I already have that protection through other providers anyway.

djd1948
Character Actor
PM with the information that you requested sent Wednesday 5/3.

driven01
Extra
I just discovered this today. The whole ID theft thing being added onto an equipment plan seems creepy. (Regardless of price)

I just cancelled my Dish Protect plan. The way I look at it is it costs me $108 a year to save $85 on a tech call. I think I have a tech come out once every 2 or 3 years. If I need it, I can add it back on.

I'm really close to cutting the cord anyway. This is pushing me closer to that decision. (I'm torn on sports ... and I do like the slingbox feature when I travel)

Not happy about this.

rp369
Extra
What seems a bit more slimy about this is that you're charging different customers different prices for the same service. I manage my elderly mother's account. I was just checking why her bill went up this month. Her protection plan went up $2.99. Now why is the original poster being charged .99 for this extra service that we don't want, and my mother is being charged $2.99??

From last month's bill - "With your next bill, your Protection Plan ($8/month) will change to
DISH Protect Silver ($10.99/month). On top of your current
coverage, you will receive Basic Identity Restoration. To learn more
about DISH Protect, please visit mydish.com/dish-protect."

RobertP

DISH Employee
I understand your frustration and want to be transparent in why we're charging slightly more for this service.
DISH Protect Silver includes: Free shipping & handling on RAs and accessory orders. Free replacement of out-of-warranty DISH equipment. All DISH and retailer installations.

We also partnered with EZShield to provide identity restoration. Security is EZShield's area of expertise, and with this additional service, we help you out if any of your personal information is lost or stolen.

If you would like to review the charges on your mothers account, we would be happy to assist further. Send us a Private message with the account phone number and 4 digit security PIN to begin.

rp369
Extra
Just to update on my post, if you have tv OR internet, the increase is .99. If you have both, the increase is $2.99. The pricing doesn't quite make sense why one or the other is .99 but having both is 3 times more. And while the amount is small, this is a 37% increase in the protection plan. :( I have a phone number now to call customer support to discuss it.

Injpo
Extra
Just received my new Dish bill with the 99cent increase. Although this doesnt seem like much to most and certainly not to Dish... it is to me! Being a retired senior and on a fixed income, I have to count every penny. Now like I said, 99 cents isn't much to a lot of people but think of this... if Dish has 20 million customers nationwide, they are making $19.8 MILLION PER MONTH on that 99 cent increase. Give me a break... really. I don't even watch all the channels I subscribe to. Just refiguring my budget.

stile99
Cinematographer
Injpo wrote:
Just received my new Dish bill with the 99cent increase. Although this doesnt seem like much to most and certainly not to Dish... it is to me! Being a retired senior and on a fixed income, I have to count every penny. Now like I said, 99 cents isn't much to a lot of people but think of this... if Dish has 20 million customers nationwide, they are making $19.8 MILLION PER MONTH on that 99 cent increase. Give me a break... really. I don't even watch all the channels I subscribe to. Just refiguring my budget.

So drop some channels and drop the protection plan. Also, Dish wishes they had 20 million subscribers.

TJS
Extra

How many subscribers are there?

Kipani
Extra
How do you remove the dish protect add on in the MyDish APP