DirectTV or Dish. Who can I trust?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DirectTV or Dish. Who can I trust?

wivader
Character Actor

DirectTV charged an additional $10 per month for ATandT buying them.  I decided to switch to Dish and was looking for a good opportunity.  $100 gift card seemed like a pretty good deal.  Almost to good to be true.  Godish is an authorized dealer of Dish.  Is there some special secret "knock" one has to do to get the card.  Dish, please make good on this deal.

5 Replies

Re: DirectTV or Dish. Who can I trust?

peggyrh
Associate Producer

GODish is an independent retailer, you need to deal with them.

wivader
Character Actor
Are you affiliated with Dish? You take no responsibility, yet you take their orders from us, “your” consumers? What if they are bold face lying to get business for you? You still have no responsibilities? This speaks loudly

wivader
Character Actor
Come on peggyrh. Do you know who Joe Paterno is? Who is Dish?

tigajoe
Character Actor

Have you tried taking your complaint directly to Dish via the phone, do you have this individuals name?? Maybe a direct warning for others here. Always deal with the parent company direct if possible,

tommyy2
Cinematographer

If the retailer promised you $100 I'd go after them for the money.

Read what they gave you in writing.

If it ain't in writing they may say you must have misunderstood what they said.

File a complaint with the BBB.

Read up about small claims court in your state.

If you have what's needed:

A letter of demand to the dealer explaining your plans may be enough.

I'll never forget what my boss once said to me "If it ain't in writing it never happened".

@wivader wrote:

DirectTV charged an additional $10 per month for ATandT buying them.  I decided to switch to Dish and was looking for a good opportunity.  $100 gift card seemed like a pretty good deal.  Almost to good to be true.  Godish is an authorized dealer of Dish.  Is there some special secret "knock" one has to do to get the card.  Dish, please make good on this deal.