DISH trying to save me money?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DISH trying to save me money?

UMDAD
Character Actor

So DISH says the dispute with FOX is because they are trying to save me money. I pay $143 a month for their service and now I can't watch Fox Sports 1 & 2 and also Big Ten Network during college football season. If you were trying to save me money my bill wouldn't be $143 a month. At this point I have to make a decision to switch to DirecTV or see what someone in retention department can offer me because I'm not paying that much if I can't watch what I want.

7 Replies
Highlighted

Re: DISH trying to save me money?

Bchan
Costume Designer
If they weren't trying to save you money, your bill would probably be closer to 200 a month.

UMDAD
Character Actor

Well it's not worth $143 to me. I work 5-1/2 days a week so I enjoy sports on Saturday afternoon and Sunday now that I can't watch FOX sports + Big Ten Network it's pretty much worthless to me...

not_me
Extra

my monthly bill is locked in for 2 yrs. i should NEVER loose any programming that i am paying for!! now i see i have lost more channels. this has been going on for what 6 to 8 weeks, but yet no reduction in my monthly statement, i DON'T pay for services not rendered !! they say there saving us money but i guarantee regardless off this outcome they will raise everybody's premium, so quit screwing with me and restore my channels . dish offered me 1 month off free sport channels only to find out the ones they offered were also removed, nice job dish you rock!!!! direct want me bad, there offering everything including the kitchen sink.sadly this same crap happens with, just so FED UP !!!

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
You aren’t losing any channels that you’re paying for as you’re not paying for any particular channel. You pay for a package sold as subject to change, per your contract.

Sherry
Camera Crew

I call BS on your statement!  Dish isn't going to lose any of their money, big company and big business!  It's just that simple and you don't give Dish customer's enough credit, we aren't that stupid!

Sherry
Camera Crew

What is Direct TV's monthly charges, just curious?  I am locked in for another 2 year's but supposedly if I terminate early, have to pay a fee!

UMDAD
Character Actor

Yup I'm sure the contract is written to their advantage...not mine

I pay for America's Top 250 package + locals + Showtime + Starz at the moment.

I got that package because it had channels I wanted (and also a lot I don't want please get in a dispute with MTV and QVC)

I just looked at the channel list and I don't watch 75% of those channels but they manage to take away ones I do watch

If they took Showtime away they wouldn't charge me for that so when they take away channels in a package I'm paying for then they should charge me less for that package...if they cared about me like they say they do.

Just like I said they are in a dispute with FOX because they are trying to save me money...HAHAHA!!!