Current customer renewal vs new customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Current customer renewal vs new customer

edn111
Character Actor
Why does the current customer renewal offer only offer the same programing rates to current and new customers and not any newer receivers without calling it a upgrade and a hefty fee New customers can get a hopper 3 and whole house installation for free but a current customer willing to sign a new two year agreement sames a new customer has to pay a large upgrade fee. All that is needed is for a tech to switch out the hopper receiver vs a complete dish and receiver install seems more cost effective to retain current customers than to constantly look for new customers.Kuddo's for at least offering matching programing rates for current customers at least you are half way there to making your current customers want to stay with dish. FYI my bill did go up $15.00 for the same programing I've had for the past two years and my old receivers
Tags (2)
12 Replies

Re: Current customer renewal vs new customer

stile99
Cinematographer
edn111 wrote:
All that is needed is for a tech to switch out the hopper receiver

Simply not true.

edn111
Character Actor
my point was that changing a receiver is less labor intensive than a complete install and thus more cost effective to the company

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Not true, going to newer equipment often requires different equipment outside and new line being run inside. When I upgraded to Hopper 3 all my equipment was changed out (other than the outside sat dish). It took several hours (my previous equipment was only 2 years old) so it gets expensive for Dish.

edn111
Character Actor
Thanks for the info. did you have a hopper2 with sling and wireless joeys ? I had someone else tell me only thing that needed changed was the receiver.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Had HWS and wired and wireless Joeys, always requires a tech to install, not a simple receiver exchange. Depending on how long you've had your Joeys they get upgraded as well. Now there's a newer Joey being released (Joey 3) so might want to wait until it's available in your area so you get the latest equipment, if you decide to upgrade.

edn111
Character Actor
if you don't mind me asking what was the cost to upgrade to hopper 3 ? I'm still on the fence about doing it.

peggyrh
Associate Producer

It will depend on your account status. What I paid 2 yrs ago and what you pay today will not be the same thing. You can contact one of the reps here, names in orange, and ask what your price will be, you don't have to commit to anything and at least you will know. I don't regret it at all, having one box with 16 tuners available means no more conflicts and it's definitely faster than the older Hopper with Sling.

edn111
Character Actor
ok thanks

edn111
Character Actor
Can a dish rep reply to this request. I am looking at possibly upgrading to hopper 3. My contract is up 1/15/2018 and I just agreed to a renewal for 2 years to start on 1/16/2018. Thank you.