Charged $15.00 more than my contract

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charged $15.00 more than my contract

blumist
Extra
Signed up for flex pack 2 months ago told my bill will be $59.11 per month with locals.My contract also shows monthly bill is $59.11 a month for 2 years but i'm being charged a monthly fee of $15.00 DVR fee no one mentioned such a charge when i signed up or on my contract.Customer service said i will be billed $59.11 but the $15.00 is still being charged my monthly bill is over $67.00.I would like the $15.00 monthly chase to be removed since it's not in my contract or ever mentioned when i sighed up.
4 Replies

Re: Charged $15.00 more than my contract

PortlandChris
Camera Crew
Good luck with that.

peggyrh
Associate Producer
That's the correct fee for channels, the DVR fee is additional as it's your choice to have a DVR or a standard receiver.
Same thing everyone pays for Hopper service. BTW when I switched to Flex I was sent an email with all the fees listed.

blumist wrote:
Signed up for flex pack 2 months ago told my bill will be $59.11 per month with locals.My contract also shows monthly bill is $59.11 a month for 2 years but i'm being charged a monthly fee of $15.00 DVR fee no one mentioned such a charge when i signed up or on my contract.Customer service said i will be billed $59.11 but the $15.00 is still being charged my monthly bill is over $67.00.I would like the $15.00 monthly chase to be removed since it's not in my contract or ever mentioned when i sighed up.

Please send me a private message with your phone number and PIN so I can review this. As mentioned, the monthly cost for DVR is not included with the Flex Pack
---------------------------------
Matt "Speedy" Gonzales | Moderator

hddn
Visual Engineer
I believe the only current non-DVR receiver is the VIP 211, so you have to be pretty specific to avoid a DVR. I'm not sure if the goal is not having a DVR or just not paying for one, but I believe that for a couple of hundred dollars up front, you can get a 211, pay a one-time fee to add a disk, buy a disk (which fits certain specs) and then have a somewhat limited single tuner DVR with no monthly fee. Just another option to look at. This is not something I've done myself but you can find threads about it.

If you don't want a DVR at all, then just get the 211 and ignore all the stuff I said about disks.