Can't redeem refer a friend points for credit - frustrated!!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't redeem refer a friend points for credit - frustrated!!

DISH Employee

Hello Mgwarr, have you already received the email that gave you the link option to "Choose a Reward"? That may be the fastest way to redeem your offer and select a reward.

You can also do the following:

Redeem online through your MyDISH account:

1. Log in to your MyDISH account. If you do not yet have an account, you can create one here!
  2. On the left-hand side of your screen, click on “Refer A Friend”
  3. Select your reward from the list of available options by clicking “Learn More.”
  4. Select “Redeem Now”

I hope this helps!

jczlap
Character Actor

Well time to give credit where credit is due.  After spending 1 and 1/2 hr on the phone with DISH they came up with a resolution to my complaint/problem.  The CSR was able to send me a SOUND BAR and Woofer and had it delivered and installed by DISH technician.  I do believe that the problem was caused partialy by me but needed a better follow thru from DISH.  You see I was waiting for them to bring back the TV offer for 5 refer a friend and was told to wait it might come back. Just before Christmas last year l tried to redeem the SOUND Bar but was unable to in the mydish.com web site.

DISH agreeded to send a technician out to install it but an emergency caused me to not keep the appointment. (my fault)

Dish did not follow thru and the APPOINTMENT never disappeared from both the web site or the mobile app. (DISH's fault)

Today after getting the sound bar the new appointment which replaced the old appointment in the mobile app was erased and what should have been in its place appeared the REFER a FRIEND selection and prompted me to redeem my credits which I still cannot do on-line but is available to me in the mobile app. After talking with the CSR he stated that a fix would be coming out on MARCH 14th.  I will wait to try and redeem my remaining 2 referrals for bill credit then.

Overall I am very satisfied with the way DISH addressed my problem.  Hey shout our loud enough and the SPOKELISTENER will hear. 

jczlap
Character Actor

Well after the glowing review I left last time we are back to the same ole same ole.

It is after March 15th when I was told for the six time it would be fixed in 2 weeks. I guess the CSR and Dish have given up too  as they have given me a one time credit of $200 for the last two remaining refer a friends  I had. 

I and DISH are now squared up and they have given me what they promised me but not as a redemption but as credits on my account and they delivered the sound bar to me. I can only take a sigh of relief that this whole excercise is now over and with a significant amount of time on my part. Thank you DISH for your help in resolving this issue to my satisfaction.

You deserve the JD POWERS trophy.

mjknight02
Camera Crew

Dish has yet to figure out why I can't redeem for credit only but once a month it seems like. I do it once and then I can't do it again until the beginning of the next month. I was just able to do it on 3/1 and then again today (can't believe it!) on 3/19. After I redeem this one, lo' and behold the icon for redeeming for credit is again missing so I can't do it. I have 2 more to redeem and I can't. I've only referred 6 people this year, so that's not the issue!

DISH - can you please figure out why this isn't working?? It's been since January and still this issue is continue to happen. Also, when I click on the details of one of the ones I just redeemed, it shows somone's name which is not the  correct person that was redeemed. In fact, they all say the same name and the date redeemed was on 4/2018 and ending on 2/2019. This is all screwed up!! I'd like to redeem all of my credits at once and I can't. Not to mention have the correct information on the account to view of when these were activated and will be done. 

I've been with you all for over 10 years and I wish this would get figured out! Plus all the people that I have referred in the past. 

Highlighted

DISH Employee

Thanks for the feedback, mjknight02. We'll make sure to submit this for you, and hopefully we can come to a resolution soon.

mjknight02
Camera Crew

Dish - it seems that I can only redeem my points for credit on my account about once every month. However, it has been since 4/6/19 that I was last able to redeem anything for credit. It is now 5/30/19 and still can't redeem anything for credit as the redemption box doesn't show up in my account. It doesn't show up online nor with the app! 

I have 300 points sitting in my account that I would like to redeem for credit and I can't!!! This has been an on-going issue since January - almost 6 MONTHS!!!!! REALLY??? I have been with you for over 10 years and this is the what I get for referring people to you??

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE GET BACK WITH ME SO I CAN GET MY LAST 300 POINTS REDEEMED FOR CREDIT?? THIS IS JUST RIDICULOUS!!

DISH Employee

Hi mjknight02! I hate to hear that you're not able to redeem your points, but I will be happy to take a look to see what's going on. Can you send me a private message with your 4-digit PIN? 

mjknight02
Camera Crew

I just got off the phone with a CSR. He was very helpful in letting me know that I can only redeem for credit on our account 5 at a time. Once one drops off, then you can do another one. I asked where this information is for the "5 at a time" because I've never heard or had that happen before. All these years of referring, I can do as many as I wanted to at a time as long as I didn't go over the 12 per year. He said that I needed to view this page: https://www.mydish.com/customer-programs/my-referrals and click on the Terms and Conditions at the bottom. I completely read through the Terms and Conditions pop-up and no where does it say that there is a limit on how many you can redeem for credit at one time. If there is, can you please point that out to me? If it doesn't say that in the terms and conditions, then why can't I redeem them all at once? Also, no where does it say that you can only redeem for credit once a month because that seems to be happening in my case. 

If Dish is going to put a limit on how many you can redeem for credit on your account at one time, then they need to specify that clearly. 

DISH Employee

Hi there, mjknight02! Making sure that the Refer a Friend process is as easy as can be is a priority. Currently, only 5 credits can be active on the account at a time, but points do not expire, so you can save those to redeem once the current credits on the account roll-off. 

We do not currently have the 5 credits active concurrently as public information, but that is something that we can definitely look into adding. I would be happy to submit feedback about this so that you can keep up with the information. 

We really appreciate you spreading the word about DISH and referring so many wonderful new members. Making sure you are rewarded is definitely our top priority and being able to use the points is what we want you to have. Thank you for the feedback and I will get this forwarded up! 

mjknight02
Camera Crew

I would think that this should be public information since it does concern our accounts and what we can redeem and not. This whole scenario would've been rectified if I would've known that only 5 could be done at a time!! I've been going back and forth for months with this when all could have been avoided by specifying this on the web page along with the verbiage of 12 per year. The amount of time I've spent calling and being online plus the frustration and stress this has caused to get the information I needed has been exhausting to say the least. That just makes me even more upset thinking about it. No one but one person had the notion to tell me this all these months - even on here! I've chatted with quite of few on this forum as well. 

I should get a credit for the time, energy and stress this has caused me when Dish is negligent in letting the customers know this vital information. Makes me rethink staying after all of this.