Billed Too Much

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed Too Much

sansofpa
Camera Crew
I had my DISH installed on December 6th.

I paid my bill on December 21st. (auto-payment)

I was charged for one (1) month, when I
should have only been charged for 15 days.

I would like to have a refund of half of my
payment, as my first payment should have
been prorated.

Thank you.
Tags (1)
7 Replies

Re: Billed Too Much

stile99
Cinematographer
If you had taken the time to read your contract, you would have seen that you pay in advance for monthly charges, not in arrears.

5. BILLING POLICIES; PAYMENTS FOR SERVICES; FEES
A. Payments. You agree to pay all prices, fees and/or charges billed for Services, as well as all taxes that are now or in the future assessed in connection with any Services that you receive from us. You acknowledge and agree that such prices, fees and/or charges may include, without limitation, reimbursement charges for certain taxes and/or governmental fees imposed on DISH and/or one or more of its affiliates. Unless you prepay for all Services as a Pre-Pay Promotion customer, we will bill you monthly in advance for most Services and in arrears for other Services (including, without limitation, pay-per-view ordered by you or anyone who uses your Equipment).

If you look at your bill, it will clearly show you the time period the charge is for.

sansofpa
Camera Crew
stile99 wrote:
If you had taken the time to read your contract, you would have seen that you pay in advance for monthly charges, not in arrears.

5. BILLING POLICIES; PAYMENTS FOR SERVICES; FEES
A. Payments. You agree to pay all prices, fees and/or charges billed for Services, as well as all taxes that are now or in the future assessed in connection with any Services that you receive from us. You acknowledge and agree that such prices, fees and/or charges may include, without limitation, reimbursement charges for certain taxes and/or governmental fees imposed on DISH and/or one or more of its affiliates. Unless you prepay for all Services as a Pre-Pay Promotion customer, we will bill you monthly in advance for most Services and in arrears for other Services (including, without limitation, pay-per-view ordered by you or anyone who uses your Equipment).

If you look at your bill, it will clearly show you the time period the charge is for.

I should be charged for 15 days; not 30.
That's my advance payment.

stile99
Cinematographer
I repeat, your bill will show you the period charged, and I guarantee you it lists a full period (example: 5/15/2018 through 6/14/2018), not half.

kara1954
Extra
thats not the worst, i order premium package of 34.95 my bill was 191 , i know some people who pay online got there bank broken into and money taken out .without permission

peggyrh
Associate Producer
Might want to look at how your bill is broken down, that's obviously for things other than just basic tv channels - premium movie channels are separate as is dvr service and extra receivers (or Joeys). Contact Dish if you feel you were billed incorrectly.

I have had Dish forever supposed valued customer and all! But this is crazy!! WAY TO MUCH $$$ for t.v. in my opinion! Definitely looking into other options now which is to bad cause I do like all they have to offer but not for that $$!😢🤬🤷🏻‍♀️

DISH Employee

We would hate to see you leave the DISH Family. I would be happy to take a look at your current billing and see what options we have available for you. Can you please send us a Private Message with your phone/account number and 4 digit PIN? You can do this by clicking the mail icon on the top right corner of the page and click New Message. You will need to type in my username in the Send To field.