Am I being billed incorrectly or online deal has hidden DVR fee?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I being billed incorrectly or online deal has hidden DVR fee?

Shanata
Extra

I went to sign up for the current internet deal which I thought was $89.99 with Hopper Duo. I wished I had copied the bill break-down, but I'm positive it total $89.99 plus any taxes. I got an error message about locked credit. Unlocked credit, and still could sign up, so 3 days later I used chat. Two hours and forty minutes later I'm finally signed up. Here's some of the excerpts -

• ME: Hi, I'm looking at America's top XXX. Is there a separate fee for DVR service?
  • -> Your DVR fee is already included in the package you will choose.
  • ->: Let's now discuss your monthly
  • ME: So everything that was said on the website.
  • -> ...for as low as $94.99 before taxes.
  • (After attempt at bait and switch to Hopper 3)
  • ME: What is the cheapest receiver with DVR including DVR monthly fee before and after two years?
  • ->AT250  - $5 savings for eAutopay for 24 months + your Local channels $12 + 1 TV(Hopper Duo with DVR fee) $5
    $89.99 before taxes.
  • -> Marlou (22:41:22 GMT) : Your first month’s bill will be sent immediately after activation for ($90.02

Get my first bill - $89.99 plus $5.00 DVR Service Fee and missing some of the free 3 month promotional channels which I don't care about.

Is there a unmentioned DVR Service Fee or am I being misbilled?

3 Replies

Re: Am I being billed incorrectly or online deal has hidden DVR fee?

Roadijeff
Visual Engineer

@Shanata wrote:

Get my first bill - $89.99 plus $5.00 DVR Service Fee and missing some of the free 3 month promotional channels which I don't care about.

Is there a unmentioned DVR Service Fee or am I being misbilled?

My Hopper 3 DVR service fee is $15 in addition to the monthly programming fee.  Also, I have an additional $7/mo fee for a Joey receiver.

Shanata
Extra

I’m just trying to determine if the $89.99 with Hopper Duo advertised on www.dish.com has a hidden $5.00 dvr service charge or if the person who signed me up on chat did not get me the correct deal.

I had to fight to get the Hopper Duo instead of the bait and switch to Hopper3. Finally got her to admit after the 2 years Hopper 3 would cost more per month. Had to use another computer to get www.dish.com to not come up www.mydish.com so I coud look at the deal again. Never recieved the itemized bill that you get to review online when I used chat. I do not remember seeing any other charge but the $89.99 on online broken down between locals and package, but maybe I missed it. Did I?

Do not use chat to sign up.

DISH Employee

Hello, I would be glad to review the billing on your account and look into your offer. Can you please send me a private message with your phone number and 4 digit security code?