1st Month and Not Happy

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1st Month and Not Happy

tjqberkey
Extra

We just started with Dish within the last month.  We left a competitor because of fraud on the account for over $1000.00.  We have been told Dish is better and less expensive.  Well, not for us! We were not given all our options when they installed and got the joey for 3 tv's. my husband records a lot of shows so my kids couldn't watch TV most of the time because is effects all the receivers. 2 days after we got our system our friends got the hopper 3 for $50.00.  We were not offered it and when we asked for the upgrade it was $150.00 plus tax and the contract was redone for 2 years.  I feel like we have been bent over.  I really do not like the company so far.  They do not have good customer service and I have been on hold and then told they were closed for 4 hours the first time I tried to upgrade.  I went a head and upgraded today on-line but it makes me sick to think how I was just bent over!!  I work for a giant corporate company and if I ever treated a new customer like this I would be reprimanded.  I cannot believe they would let a new customer feel this way.  I will not advise anyone to switch.  I do not have anything against the employees just the corporate policies.

Tags (2)
2 Replies

Re: 1st Month and Not Happy

Chadt4141
Screen Writer
What you qualify for at signup will be based on your credit. Sounds like you got the H2.

It’s important to know they do not use just your credit score, but also your rating for the NCTUE. This is not a score you get to challenge, and it is based off your actions with other telecom companies and utilities. It does not fall under the FCRA.

Re: 1st Month and Not Happy

peggyrh
Casting Director
Sounds like a misunderstanding. Hopper w/Sling only has 3 tuners in total so with each Joey (& the Hopper) using a tuner for live TV you probably have frequent conflicts unless watching recordings from the dvr. Hopper 3 has 16 tuners which avoids that. If you didn't qualify for the H3 at install you still would have had to pay the upgrade fee for the H3. IMO the H3 is worth the extra fee - especially if you use several Joeys.